• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Multiple angles

ChuckH

Many of the DVDs I own have multiple angles that all seem to be the same movie, at least on the preview. Why do they have these different angles and is there a way to make sure I am choosing the right one?

Many of the DVDs I own have multiple angles that all seem to be the same movie, at least on the preview. Why do they have these different angles and is there a way to make sure I am choosing the right one?
Typically they are due to different languages. You can preview them to see what differences there may be.

Typically they are due to different languages. You can preview them to see what differences there may be.
"Different languages" in e.g. main title, but also written text in the movie, like a character reading a letter. Often used in movies for children (Disney) to avoid subtitles.
CloneDVD (mobile) will show the selected angle in the preview. Search for the title sequence to check.

"Different languages" in e.g. main title, but also written text in the movie, like a character reading a letter. Often used in movies for children (Disney) to avoid subtitles.
CloneDVD (mobile) will show the selected angle in the preview. Search for the title sequence to check.
Since I can select the audio language used, the only real issue would be if the credits were in another language?

Since I can select the audio language used, the only real issue would be if the credits were in another language?
This depends on the disc. Most of the time, yes. E.g., "Monsters, Inc.", or "Monstres & Cie", "Monstros S.A.", "Die Monster AG", "Monstruos, S.A.", "Monsters & Co.", ...
There could be localized text within the movie, very common with animated titles, where you can render a scene with different text. But the "angle" will stay the same. E.g. if you have identified the first angle as "English texts" it will stay this way until the end.

Back