Multi-Region Software Players

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by A Friend, Mar 30, 2007.

1. A Friend

A Friend Guest

Hello,

I heard there were some programs that can play Region-DVDs on RPC-2 drives also without AnyDVD, namely DVD X PLAYER, RioDVD Region Free, and VLC. Especially for VLC, the information is very different :confused: : it works, it does not; there is picture, but no sound; playback in black-and-white only, etc.

Who has made experiences with these multi-region players and can tell something about their Region-disabling abilities? Is there a player that also reads Region-Blu-Rays (programmers reading this thread could try to develop one that plays Region-DVDs AND Blu-Rays).

Thank you in advance,

A Friend

2. FatPossum

FatPossum Member

I downloaded and installed VLC 0.8.6 and can tell you this: It plays my R2 discs with no problem. The only other software I have loaded is WinDVD7 and that player will not allow me to play anything other than Region 1, or 0 without having to change the region on my disc drive (which can only be done a limited number of times).
    VLC is free by the way.

3. A Friend

A Friend Guest

Hello,

On another webpage I have just read that KMP can play DVDs regardless of "Region code," while KMP people say it cannot. Who has already tried to play a Region-DVD in KMP (without AnyDVD) and can tell something about it?

BTW, in the newest version of KMP (2.9.3.1284 beta), the "Make Storyboard" option has a bug: it does not save the picture. If you want to make storyboards, use the old version 1279 beta or wait for the bug to be fixed--KPM is a great player and worth waiting!!!

Many greetings, :)

A Friend