Multi-Processor options question

Discussion in 'GameJackal' started by BurntSoul, Jun 4, 2008.

1. BurntSoul

BurntSoul New Member

Hello all,

This has been nagging at me for a while now, so I've got to ask it. Probably a stupid question, but...

Multi-Processor options - will game jackal degrade my game if the game uses multiple cpus?

In other words, in the program it is saying Game Jackal is going to use CPU 2 and the game will use CPU 1 by default...but does that mean my game will now have crippled multiple CPU functionality?

I'm confused because in the help file, it sort of hints this:

Please note that utilizing more than one processor for a profile (or game) can reduce Game Jackal’s performances and reliability. If multiple processors are to be implemented for a specific profile, we recommend that the advanced options are used to set a delay before the multi processor mode is switched in (this will ensure that game has started).

Am I reading this right - that every game that can use multiple CPUs could have performance/reliability issues (either that or Game Jackal could have the issues) if I don't go into the Advanced options and set a delay? Or is it just Game Jackal that will have issues?

Thanks in advance!

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

No. Those options only affect Game Jackal.

3. BurntSoul

BurntSoul New Member

That is awesome to know! Thank You!! :)