• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Multi-Cores for CloneDVD?

Raz_wolf

Does CloneDvD Support multi cores for its encoding? I used to use shrink and i'm fairly sure it did. But I started getting really wierd errors with it and moved to clone. (Would burn chapters out of order)

Any plans to make clonedvd support multi-cores?

I tried searching the forums and found this same feature request for clonedvd mobile but not for the regular clonedvd

Yes it is running just fine. But its not USING all 4 cores. I'm encoding one now...and its using one core. Anyway to get it to use more?

Not that I am aware of and there is no encoding with CloneDVD2 it's a trascoder.

Thanks for the information, The wiki article on encoding is very vague and short. but from what i gathered encoding > transcoding? In terms of compression/quality. And transcoding is faster? Is that correct? Why then do we not have the option to choose? And can anyone confirm shrink was using encoding? Or was it just deceptive on its wording during the "encoding" phase.

Thanks for the information, The wiki article on encoding is very vague and short. but from what i gathered encoding > transcoding? In terms of compression/quality.

Yes

And transcoding is faster? Is that correct?

Yes

Why then do we not have the option to choose?

Insofar as you can buy other programs or use freeware ones, you do have options.

And can anyone confirm shrink was using encoding?

No. Both dvdshrink and Nero Recode use transcoders.

Thanks for the information, The wiki article on encoding is very vague and short. but from what i gathered encoding > transcoding? In terms of compression/quality. And transcoding is faster? Is that correct? Why then do we not have the option to choose? And can anyone confirm shrink was using encoding? Or was it just deceptive on its wording during the "encoding" phase.

Hi :)
Most folk don't want a full interpretation.
However for a bit more info to look at, should you so wish.
http://www.pctechguide.com/34DVD_Encoding.htm

Well we got a bit off subject but I'm sitting here transcoding off of my HD (used anydvd ripper) and its maxing out one core while the other 3 sit idle....any plans to add multi core support?

Well we got a bit off subject but I'm sitting here transcoding off of my HD (used anydvd ripper) and its maxing out one core while the other 3 sit idle....any plans to add multi core support?

The only people that can answer your question here are developers (James and peer) or those that talk to them. The rest of us don't know.

But the thing is that you're not transcoding while using Anydvd ripper. You're not compressing video at all.

Even though I ripped the DVD to my HD it still has to transcode them and burn them into the compressed format, so yes i am transcoding. Reguardless even when i make copies of copies. Which are already compressed, it still has to "prepare the files" to burn. Which is only using one core. Just seems like such a waste to have all this potential and use a 1 lane country dirt road, so to speak.

You can always use CloneDVD2 in DL mode then use DVD rebuilder to encode and compress. If you so desire.

Even though I ripped the DVD to my HD it still has to transcode them and burn them into the compressed format, so yes i am transcoding.

My point is that when you use Anydvd ripper all you are doing is ripping at that point (Anydvd ripper does not have a transcoder). Anydvd ripper, unlike Clonedvd, can not compress video.

Back