• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Multi-core support

DVD52761

I have read through a lot of the forums, but I have not seen anything about multi-core processing. I have a hex-core AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3. Just so you know. I use this as my gaming rig. However, what I am wondering do I need that many cores for my Slysoft products. Do they utilize 6 cores efficiently? The system has multiple SSDs & 16GB of ram and SLI 560Ti's. It rips and converts an average DVD in less than 15 minutes.

So, I guess my question is; will using a hex core @ 3.3Ghz get me better performance than using a same speed (3.3Ghz) quad core. I am asking because I want to build a home media center and would like to know what to put in it. Cost really isn't an issue.

Thanks!

Ripping Speeds

I have the same processor.

Had a quad core previously and a single core before that.

In terms of ripping to the hard drive, can't say i noticed any appreciable difference.

The single core used to run at around 90-100% decrypting two disks.

The quad core may be run at around 25% processor availability, my hex core may be around 4-10% but speed seems to be about the same.

One does see quite a difference when say burning a 30-40Gb main movie file to a 25Gb disk as the processor will peak at maximum on all cores intermittently.

Processor speed really doesn't make any trivial difference when decrypting title, with today processor power. However if you compress BD or perform any similar task then yes it will max out, but it also depend how well program is optimized for multi processing capability.

Back