• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mr. Woodcock backed up fine

No, I think DrinkLyeAndDie was telling me to check whether that is true. So far I have only looked at the sneak peeks because that is what was first mentioned here. I'll check the deleted/alternate scenes when I get home.

Yes, I'd like confirmation that what I saw is true with PowerDVD although I am confident you'll have the same results.

As far as my previous post. I just re-read it and apparently I was thinking multiple things at once because the wording was horrendous toward the beginning. :eek:

Yes, I'd like confirmation that what I saw is true with PowerDVD although I am confident you'll have the same results.

OK, I can confirm what you experienced, i.e. audio is NOT grayed out for the deleted/alternate scenes.

Here is a summary of what I found with just the output from AnyDVD Ripper in AnyDVD 6.3.0.9:

1. Previews/Sneak Peeks that play when the DVD begins and also in the special features menu: audio plays but selection is grayed out.

2. "Making Of" in Special Features: audio grayed out, subtitle selection OK

3. PE Trauma Tales in Special Features: audio grayed out, subtitle selection OK

4. Trailer: audio grayed out

I ran the files through PGCEdit and it didn't make any changes that fixed this. It appears that there is an audio stream 0 listed for each of the sneak peek titles, so the issue doesn't seem to be that it isn't listed as present...

In one of my previous messages, I indicated that all was was well with the original DVD (still true) and a DVDFab fulldisc rip. I went back and looked at the DVDFab output and found that the Sneak Peeks on the Special Features menu not only have audio grayed out, but the audio is missing entirely! All other selections, including the sneak peeks at the beginning of DVD play work as expected. A DVDFab clone mounted in Daemon Tools works fine in all areas, as I expect an AnyDVD/CloneCD should.

I'm begining to feel like Webslinger - that it is better to just clone and play and give up on ripping and trying to fix the protection...

OK, I'm done experimenting with this title.

OK, I can confirm what you experienced, i.e. audio is NOT grayed out for the deleted/alternate scenes.

Here is a summary of what I found with just the output from AnyDVD Ripper in AnyDVD 6.3.0.9:

1. Previews/Sneak Peeks that play when the DVD begins and also in the special features menu: audio plays but selection is grayed out.

2. "Making Of" in Special Features: audio grayed out, subtitle selection OK

3. PE Trauma Tales in Special Features: audio grayed out, subtitle selection OK

4. Trailer: audio grayed out

I ran the files through PGCEdit and it didn't make any changes that fixed this. It appears that there is an audio stream 0 listed for each of the sneak peek titles, so the issue doesn't seem to be that it isn't listed as present...

In one of my previous messages, I indicated that all was was well with the original DVD (still true) and a DVDFab fulldisc rip. I went back and looked at the DVDFab output and found that the Sneak Peeks on the Special Features menu not only have audio grayed out, but the audio is missing entirely! All other selections, including the sneak peeks at the beginning of DVD play work as expected. A DVDFab clone mounted in Daemon Tools works fine in all areas, as I expect an AnyDVD/CloneCD should.

I'm begining to feel like Webslinger - that it is better to just clone and play and give up on ripping and trying to fix the protection...

OK, I'm done experimenting with this title.

Thank you for the information, fordman. :)

Thank you for the information, fordman. :)

Sure, and it's also good to know that DVDFab also has issues with this DVD...indicates that the issues are likely due to new variations on protection rather than something inherent to AnyDVD (misery loves company!) :(

Last edited:
Sure, and it's also good to know that DVDFab also has issues with this DVD...indicates that the issues are likely due to new variations on protection rather than something inherent to AnyDVD (misery loves company!) :(

Yes, it's unfortunate that the problem exists but I found the information interesting. I'm confident it'll be dealt with.

Thanks again for the help & confirmation. :)

Yes, the sound plays fine, whether playing the original DVD with AnyDVD active, or when playing the AnyDVD Ripper output from the hard drive. It's just that in each instance the audio menu is grayed out. With the original DVD and DVDFab output, the audio menu is there, and you can expand it to show "English" is active, and the only one that can be enabled. It does seem strange that it plays despite not being listed in the audio selection...

I will open the output in PGCEdit tonight to see if any audio streams are listed, and if not see if PGCEdit will repair it to show it as an active audio stream. I'd be interested in what a standalone player would do, but I'd rather not scrap a dual layer disc.

it seems to me, if u can still hear the audio but u cant see the audio in the audio menu, that this is still a capable backup, as most dont care to go and look at the audio menu while a trailor is playing. i havent ever seen more than 1 audio track for a trailor anyways. so this isnt a real serious issue with your backup.

also, maybe this is a badly authored dvd that causes the audio issue with u still being able to hear it, but cant select it in the audio menu. that sounds like more of a possibility to me. maybe this movie should be added to the poorly manufactured disc list.

Last edited:
Just thought Id help if I could here -
Im using AnyDVD 6309 Beta and CloneDVD 2914 Beta and I made a backup of this move with no problems at all. in the clonedvd preferences i have (Enable Auto Selection for removed selection) Unchecked. First I didnt use anyDVD ripper I just used CloneDVD 2914 to rip while AnyDVD Decrypts. While ripping the movie with clonedvd I removed the title sets 23-43 & 49-51 as they are all just trailers and sneek peeks and who needs that for a backup. whats weird is that there are 3 title sets for each trailer so i just removed everyone of them and I came out with a perfect backup of this title all special features and Movie just not the trailer previews. I have watched the backup I made and everything works great - Movie and all special features. Hope this helps anyone having problems. Oh and my disc is a U.S. Region 1 DVD

Im using AnyDVD 6309 Beta and CloneDVD 2914 Beta and I made a backup of this move with no problems at all. in the clonedvd preferences i have (Enable Auto Selection for removed selection) Unchecked.

Good discovery! :bowdown::agree:

Just thought Id help if I could here -
Im using AnyDVD 6309 Beta and CloneDVD 2914 Beta and I made a backup of this move with no problems at all. in the clonedvd preferences i have (Enable Auto Selection for removed selection) Unchecked. First I didnt use anyDVD ripper I just used CloneDVD 2914 to rip while AnyDVD Decrypts. While ripping the movie with clonedvd I removed the title sets 23-43 & 49-51 as they are all just trailers and sneek peeks and who needs that for a backup. whats weird is that there are 3 title sets for each trailer so i just removed everyone of them and I came out with a perfect backup of this title all special features and Movie just not the trailer previews. I have watched the backup I made and everything works great - Movie and all special features. Hope this helps anyone having problems. Oh and my disc is a U.S. Region 1 DVD

Good discovery! :bowdown::agree:

Very good discovery!

I should note, IMO, the key here is unchecking Enable auto-selection for removed streams in CloneDVD's preferences. Many people are likely unaware the setting even exists. Heck, I forget about it, myself. When this is done I ran across no audio issues in a full-disc backup.

Thank you very much for this input, HvnsMessiah. :)

No Problem I'll help out if I can anytime been using these products for quite a long time and very happy with them. Hasnt been a movie yet I havent been able to back up:bowdown: to slysoft

Anydvd + Clonecd doesn't work properly with this title: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=82708&postcount=10
attachment.php

Attachments

• aiee.gif
    aiee.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 43
Anydvd + Clonecd doesn't work properly with this title: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=82708&postcount=10
attachment.php

OK, thanks. I didn't try it, but figured that it would work the same as the DVDFab clone I made, on which all the features work fine. However, even in DVDFab, I had to choose to always enable pathplayer to get it to finish analyzing. I wonder if always enabling the AI Scanner in AnyDVD might work? Did you try it?

OK, thanks. I didn't try it, but figured that it would work the same as the DVDFab clone I made, on which all the features work fine. However, even in DVDFab, I had to choose to always enable pathplayer to get it to finish analyzing. I wonder if always enabling the AI Scanner in AnyDVD might work? Did you try it?

No. I'm just reporting what other people have either posted in the forums or told me. But the A.I. scanner is enabled for this disc no matter what--unless you disable the A.I. scanner. Remember, there's structural protection on this disc according to Anydvd. Therefore the A.I. scanner is enabled if you use the "default" setting. Forcing the A.I. scanner to enabled won't change anything.

Is it necessary to uncheck it if you don't remove any streams in CloneDVD? Mine is checked and I figured that if you don't remove streams, it wouldn't come into play...

Doing either a full-disc or selective backup I found there to be problems if I included the Sneak Peaks or Deleted/Alternate Scenes. The only way to get the sound to play was to disable Enabled auto-selection for removed streams. I've never encountered this before.

So, yes, even if you have removed audio streams you still need to uncheck the setting in CloneDVD for this specific movie title.

AnyDVD is already detecting the structural protection. I don't see why there should be any difference between Having the A.I. Scanner at the default setting or always on. Theoretically they'd be effectively doing the same thing with this disc.

Webslinger and DrinkLyeAndDye,

Thanks for your answers. Yes, it makes sense then that forcing the AI Scanner to be enabled should make no difference. It also sounds like AnyDVD and CloneDVD may make the full disc copy fine if I uncheck that option in CloneDVD. Since I rarely remove streams anyway, I'll do that and verify. Thanks for your detailed answers!

Webslinger and DrinkLyeAndDye,

Thanks for your answers. Yes, it makes sense then that forcing the AI Scanner to be enabled should make no difference. It also sounds like AnyDVD and CloneDVD may make the full disc copy fine if I uncheck that option in CloneDVD. Since I rarely remove streams anyway, I'll do that and verify. Thanks for your detailed answers!

Yes, if you do a full disc backup with that setting unchecked the audio will work as it should have in the first place. By full disc I mean leaving all titles, sub-titles, and audio streams. I'm unsure why the problem cropped in the first place or why it also happened to another product, as well. I suspect it may just be the way the disc was mastered or maybe it was something that was intentionally done for a purpose that is beyond me. All that matters is that a working solution was found thanks to HvnsMessiah.

Glad to help. :)

Back