• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MPC Blu-ray support?

Well that's no fun. What if you make an image of a Blu-ray disc and mount it with Daemon Tools...will that play?

So it doesn't play the Blu-ray/HD-DVD discs, just the files like half a dozen other things will, and as long as you set up the filters correctly and have the right codecs installed, and does it allow you to change languages or subtitles?

Well that's not as useful as I had hoped. I was under the impression, given the description, that we were seeing the first freeware Blu-ray player software. Oh well. Someone, somewhere will come up with something to compete with PowerDVD Ultra. Commercial or not...

I agree with SamuriHL, it's not exactly useful to those who want something to compete with Powerdvd, you lose all the menu functionality, and have to ensure the correct filters codecs etc are installed and that it's set to use them

We'll keep waiting. I truly hate PowerDVD Ultra. Even for regular DVDs I hate it.

If you get the new Nero 8(not beta) and the Blu-ray plugin, it now plays back full Blu-ray in Showtime (4.1) although it's not as reliable as PowerDVD

If you get the new Nero 8(not beta) and the Blu-ray plugin, it now plays back full Blu-ray in Showtime (4.1) although it's not as reliable as PowerDVD

That's not exactly a step in the right direction, now, is it? :D Yea, I have Nero 8 but I refuse to install Showtime as it's by FAR worse than PowerDVD. It also has a tendency to take over every media file on my machine even when I tell it not to. So, it stays uninstalled. No, we need a company that knows what it's doing to create a USABLE playback software. Personally I'd like to see someone create a BD/HD DVD plugin for Vista Media Center. THAT would rock.

Never takes over everything on my system, only ever gets used when I open it and use it to play back stuff, all my file associations etc are all still with their original programs. It only takes over stuff if you don't untick the file association options at the end of the installation

Never takes over everything on my system, only ever gets used when I open it and use it to play back stuff, all my file associations etc are all still with their original programs. It only takes over stuff if you don't untick the file association options at the end of the installation

I take it you're not using media center. It's not showtime itself that bothers me, as you're correct, file associations are fine. When I say takes over everything, I'm a heavy media center user and the codecs that showtime installs have a very bad habit of becoming default in media center causing me all kinds of problems. They may have fixed it by now, I really don't know. I haven't the patience to try it again.

You're right I don't use it, I do have it but find it awful, and prefer to use a standalone software

That's kuel. I just prefer it for various reasons. Not the least of which is that it's easy for my wife to use and I also have a 360 set up as a media center extender. It works well for me when the right codecs are installed. Otherwise what happens is that I can't play high def recorded video, especially on the 360. And fixing it when that happens is a royal pain.

Back