• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MP4s not writing to specified size

BBBayud

Trying to write a backup of Inception to a 1080p MP4 file however the resulting size is about a fourth of the selected size. Any thoughts?

Is it completing? If it fails there is usually no error message but the movie is incomplete to the point of failure.

Yes, the write completed however it was substantially smaller than the desired size. I will try the version suggested to see if I get the same result. Thank you

I loaded the latest CloneBD and looked at writing Inception again to Sony PS3 MP4 format. On "Adjust Your Profile" the bar "Resulting Size" initially indicated a write size of about 8 GB, however the range on the bar then suddenly jumped to a much higher number: the lowest resulting size on the bar for 1080p indicates 5.25 GB and the largest (all the way to the right on the resulting size bar) indicates 240.57 GB!! Changing to 720p indicates a range of 2.58 GB to 107.17 GB. I know from the last time that if I select that I want to write a 8GB file, it will write a file less than 2 GB but covering the full movie (just terrible quality). Is it possible that something on the disk is telling the program that the total movie size is 240 GB?

I tried it last night after my post - the desired file size was set at 32 GB, and it wrote a file slightly less than 4 GB for both 1080p and 720p. Very odd.

Back