• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MP4 unsupported format

edrob

First, I applaud RedFox for incorporating hardware acceleration. It is a pleasure to find ripping considerably faster than previously.
The MP4 files produced from CloneBD 1.1 & 1.1.02beta play ok in Power DVD. However I produce these files to play through a media server on my Visio smart TV and they are reported as "unsupported format" and will not play.
I have reinstalled V1.0.88 and the MP4 files play on the TV ok.
I did some investigating and compared the metadata between the files that play and do not play and only found one difference. The newer files that do not play are missing two entries in the video metadata:
* Writing Library
* Encoding settings
I have no way of knowing if this is significant, and leave this to smarter people to look into. I would just love to be able to use the faster new version of CloneBD.
Thanks

Post the meta data in txt files or something and the exact requirements of your TV for MP4 playback. i doubt those 2 informative strings are the problem.

Thanks for the response. So far I have been unable to find information other than the general file formats the Visio TV will read. MP4 is supposed to play, but not all flavors play. Still hoping for a miracle.
I have, however, found a software media server (TVMobili) that will transcode as needed and play just about any format on the TV. A workaround that adds an extra step.

I believe that the issue here is the LEVEL that the resulting MP4 was encoded at.

I have seen this in the past when I have encoded movies for friends with kids (to prevent damage to their originals).
Some of their 'new', modern TV's were incapable of handling anything above level 3.

My neighbor just bought a new 74'" 2016/2017 edition TV and it supposedly can do UHD but it doesn't like any MP4 encoded above 5 but it plays UHD Martian just fine. Go figure

Link here describes it in more detail:
HTML:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Levels

Thanks Eviltester. Doesn't seem like something I can adjust in CBD.

Note, that it's not necessarily as easy as adjusting the level.
If your playback device can't handle AVC level 4.1, then it can't display 1920x1080 content - these things go together.

Back