• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MP4 same as h264?

rjc272

Good Afternoon,
Sorry if this is a dumb question...

I'm using Clone DVD Mobile to encode videos for my Ipod Video and I've collected quite the library and have exceeded the space for my ipod. I have tossed around the idea of getting a Media Streamer / Hard Drive enclosure to play these files. My questions is, the output files of clone dvd mobile are in .mp4 format - Is it using or the same as h264?

The reason being is there are only a few media streamers out there that will play h264 and run about $400. While there are many others that will play various other files at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, h264 is a version of MP4, look at this wikipedia article. As for a wireless media streamer look at this one by Buffalo, it says it does .mp4, but not specifically h264 .mp4's and I looked on buffalo's site and they didn't say either, so I would email buffalo and ask if the does or not, another player that is cheap ($86 after rebate) and might play h264 is this Dlink player, good luck :)

Back