• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Moving files around - errors?

Clams

Interesting question?

I have 21 James Bond movies on a drive and I wanna move them away - 10 to one drive (in same computer) and 11 to another drive (on 10/100 CAT5 network).

I know network transfers outta be error free. But when you're moving almost 100 Gigs of data... can any errors sneak in? How about drive to drive?

What about using my WIFI? I have another 250gig drive I hardly use because I'm nervous sending that much data via that method.

-W (am I just paranoid?)

I transfer movie files from my storage HDD to an external USB HDD, as many as 5 or more per session, and I haven't experienced any data loss or corruption.

Interesting question?

I have 21 James Bond movies on a drive and I wanna move them away - 10 to one drive (in same computer) and 11 to another drive (on 10/100 CAT5 network).

I know network transfers outta be error free. But when you're moving almost 100 Gigs of data... can any errors sneak in? How about drive to drive?

What about using my WIFI? I have another 250gig drive I hardly use because I'm nervous sending that much data via that method.

-W (am I just paranoid?)

Make sure that delayed write is OFF. If you don't when you move a file you could lose it. I highly recommend the copy feature and then when you have completed the transfer, you can manually delete the extra copy after the copy has totally completed.

Back