• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movies Ripped With AnyDVD Ripper Week Of Jan. 1, 2008

tebugg

Beta Tester
Shoot'Em Up
War

Shoot'Em Up Reports 10.8gb on the disc thru internet explorer. in the process of ripping it to hard drive right now with anydvd ripper.

War has every protection known to man on it. the log file is 546kb, the biggest log file i've seen for a movie. in the process of ripping that to hard drive with anydvd ripper also.

ok, i ripped War with anydvd ripper, and the resulting folder size is 5.13gb. but in internet explorer it says the folder size is 7.89gb, which would be good enuff just to rip straight from internet explorer. IE shows no repeating files in the video_ts folder. i played the ripped War folder with nero showtime and in the special features, if u click on action of war all the special features for that r taken out by anydvd ripper. is just shows a black screen the whole time for that. i'm thinkin thats where the other 2.6gb of stuff thats missing is from. i'm gonna rip War straight from internet explorer and play that back and see how that works.

i ripped shoot'em up with anydvd ripper and its doin the same thing that War did. the output folder size is 4.09gb with anydvd ripper, but internet explorer shows the disc at 10.8gb. (which cant be for a dual layer disc) during the previews before it gets to the menu screen, it keeps playing "the number 23" preview for all the previews. (which is 8 previews) i went into the special features and tryin to play Ballet of Bullets just freezes. (cuz its not there cuz the output folder size is 4.09gb) i dont think ripping this disc thru internet explorer will work, cuz it says 10.8gb which means there is gonna be some repeating vob files which will cause internet explorer to error.

Attachments

• AnyDVD Log Files.zip
    660.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Shoot'Em Up: Looks all correct to me, are you certain there is a playback problem? Play it back with AnyDVD running.

War: It looks like AI Scanner removed some title sets it shouldn't. You can try to disable the AI scanner for this disc.

Just tried anydvd 6.3.0.3 with default settings and lastest version of Clonedvd2 and it is a mess as well. Many of the extras are listed as 0 second title sets with the default settings on Anydvd, attached are the logs from this last stable version of anydvd. I tried disabling the AI scanner and the dvd will not even open in Clonedvd2.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_SHOOT_EM_UP.zip
    122.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Just tried anydvd 6.3.0.3 and lastest version of clone2dvd and it is a mess as well. Many of the extras are listed as 0 second title sets with the default settings on Anydvd, attached are the logs from this last stable version of anydvd.

And you are certain these are extras, and not garbage?
EDIT: Again.. Play it back with AnyDVD running.

i'm certain. the title sets to play back the special features just were not present in the output folder that anydvd ripper ripped to my hard drive. as i said, the resulting output folder size was 4.09gb.

you're welcome webby. :)

ok i ripped War thru internet explorer. as i said IE shows War at 7.89gb. the resulting rip ended up being 7.25gb. everything plays back fine, all the special features too except for 1 spot. "the action of war" still wont play back anything. when u pick sumthin to play in the menu, it just plays back a black screen with no audio with the counter going. i did try to play this back from the disc to see if it was a disc error with anydvd running, and it does the same thing, its just a black screen while tryin to play those special features. i turned off anydvd and played the dvd back and those special features all play fine. so anydvd is doin sumthin weird there.

I'm certain that they are extras as when I just upgrade to the 6.3.0.5 beta those 0 second title sets with extras are completely removed and all extras are missing. When previewing the extras with Clonedvd2 title sets 4-16 are all 01.48.15 minutes of the beginning of the movie. Title sets 19,2, and 21 are 02.27.24 minutes of the same in preview title sets 17 and 18.

I'm certain that they are extras as when I just upgrade to the 6.3.0.5 beta those 0 second title sets with extras are completely removed and all extras are missing.
Upgrading... from which version?

i disabled the AI scanner in anydvd, and when i play War back from the dvd with anydvd enabled, all the special features play fine. i am in the process of ripping it to HD with anydvd ripper with AI scanner off.

Shoot'em Up special features also work fine with the AI scanner off when played from the dvd with anydvd enabled. i will rip it like that also to hard drive from anydvd ripper after War is done.

Last edited:
I went from 6.3.0.3 to the beta 6.3.0.5
The zip file attached from my orginal posting is from 6.3.0.3 version of anydvd.

And 6.3.0.3 worked correctly, but 6.3.0.5 did not?

War copies completely with anydvd ripper, all the audio/video play fine, including all the special features with AI scanner disabled.

Last edited:
Shoot'Em Up Wont Copy with the AI scanner disabled for anydvd ripper. it pops up this error msg.

Attachments

• Screen0001.JPG
    Screen0001.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 18
And 6.3.0.3 worked correctly, but 6.3.0.5 did not?

6.3.0.3 worked better than 6.3.0.5 as it did not remove the extras but the extras are incorrectly identified in Clonedvd2 as 0 second title sets.

Which seems to be completely unrelated to the issue discussed here.

Why? from http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=76092&postcount=1

"I thought I had successfully backed up my copy of "Shoot 'Em Up" (Region 1) because I was able to watch the movie, but found that when I tried to view the special features, they were not present on the backup. After further investigation, I found that several title sets were missing after AnyDVD did it's thing, whether I used CloneDVD directly, or used AnyDVD ripper to a folder on the hard drive. I think it was VTS-5 thru VTS-9 that were eliminated by AnyDVD."

here is the log file for AnyDVD 6.3.0.3 that u requested for Shoot'em Up.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_SHOOT_EM_UP.zip
    122.6 KB · Views: 5
here is the log file for AnyDVD 6.3.0.3 that u requested for Shoot'em Up.

Thanks much. Does the rip from Anydvd 6.3.0.3 ripper allow you to watch the special feature called Ballet of Bullets?

Thanks much. Does the rip from Anydvd 6.3.0.3 ripper allow you to watch the special feature called Ballet of Bullets? (AI scanner set to default)?

How about when the AI scanner is set to "deep scan" with 6.3.0.3?

Also,

1. With Anydvd 6.3.0.5, set the AI scanner to "deep scan" (click red fox icon-->Navigate to "Video DVD" then select "Settings" underneath-->on the right select "Deep scan" under "AI Scanner"). Click "ok".

2. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Select "rip vide-dvd to harddisk".

3. Watch that rip on your computer. Can you watch the special feature called "Ballet of Bullets"? Do the rest of the special features work?

Back