• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Template Question

RONMAN101

Is there a way to add the Movie Year to the download template or does this require a new request? This is mostly a issue when the same named movie is reissued in different years and your not sure which one you download unless you play it.

I agree. That would be useful. Some players (like Infuse) will more often than not confuse movies and TV-shows with the same name.

As a workaround, movies can be renamed after download. For TV-shows with multiple episodes, you can create a temporary template with the year "hardcoded". I've done that for Once Upon a Time like this:
%n (2011) - s%se%e - %t
That will produce filenames like Once Upon a Time (2011) - s01e01 - Pilot.mp4
Just don't forget to switch back to your regular template when done.

It's not a critical problem, but it would be convenient to have the year automatically added to the filenames.

Is there a list of all the different template codes we can use? like %n/s% etc...

Is there a list of all the different template codes we can use? like %n/s% etc...

It's right there, at the bottom of the pages where you add/delete/edit the templates.

For TV-shows they are:

%p = provider name
%n = show name
%s = season number
%e = episode number
%t = episode title

For movies they are:
%p = provider name
%t = movie title

It's right there, at the bottom of the pages where you add/delete/edit the templates.

For TV-shows they are:

%p = provider name
%n = show name
%s = season number
%e = episode number
%t = episode title

For movies they are:
%p = provider name
%t = movie title

So, like everyone else, I'm new to this package so I guess I should have examine the Template Editors more closely to explain what I'm looking for. Yes, those are the only VARIABLES that are defined today in AS. FOR MOVIES: Would it be possible to add release year to the variable section, so that when you download a movie title, that is reused over multiple generations, it does not overlay or ask to replace the movie, based on the template structure. Example: Halloween came out in 1978, 2007, and 2018. All three movies are different, but AS will tell you that you downloaded it already, if it is spelled the same way and you don't rename it first. If the year was an option for template building, it would be golden! Just rather not spend time renaming them, plus not sure if this is an issue for the logs.

Back