• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie menu removed from the copy !

Marcial

I got this disc from Spain. It is a movie filmed in 1959 in Spain. The title in Spanish is "Luna de Miel" ("Honeymon"), which is most likely unknown here.

This is a blu-ray disc with the 3 blu-ray regions codes, A, B and C, each one in the usual hexagon, printed on the disc label. Does it mean that the disc is compatible with all 3 blu-ray region codes?

I inserted the disc into my blu-ray player, which is only compatible with A, 1 and NTSC, however, it did play the movie, with one exception: the movie menu. The movie menu will not appear anywhere even if I press the "Menu" button on the remote control. So for watching the movie I press "Play" on the remote control.

I made a first copy by ripping the disc to the hard drive and burning the blank disc with ImgBurn as usual. Again, the movie menu is cut off.

I ripped it again, this time removing blu-ray region code B with AnyDVD, in case the movie was region B, since it is coming from Spain, and in spite of what I understood (or misunderstood) from the disc label (A, B and C). The result was exactly the same, the copy will not show the movie menu.

Just to make sure that the movie comes with the Menu, I took the original blu-ray and both copies to a friend's who has a blu-ray player from Europe, and this time all 3 discs played the movie with its Menu ("Movie", "Languages", "Scenes" and "Extras").

The copy is intended to be played with a regular American blu-ray player exactly the way it is play in Europe, not with missing Menue. Am I missing something in the settings of either software (AnyDVD and ImgBurn?

Other copies I had made from European blu-ray discs did not have this problem of missing Menu?

What is wrong here?

Attachments

• Luna de Miel, AnyDVD.jpg
    Luna de Miel, AnyDVD.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 12
  • Luna de Miel, etiqueta.jpg
    Luna de Miel, etiqueta.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 10
Does the original disc show you a menu when played in the settop Player ?

And do you have the speedmenu turned on at all and if so is it set to ALWAYS ENABLED ?

Using speedmenu is the only way that AnyDvDHD will effect the menu. Unless it tells you upon insertion of the original disc for decryption. That it couldn't keep original menu and in most cases a update to AnyDvDHD can fix that.

if speedmenu was enabled it would show in the status window. It's not. That said, please provide an anydvd logfile. Images on their own, mean nothing

Please see attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_log.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 14
It's not? I followed that procedure and got a ziplog, then I unzipped it.

Ok, let me do it again and post it without unzipping it.

Here we go.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.1.0_Info_E_Luna_de_miel.ziplog
    86.9 KB · Views: 7
'then I unzipped it'. That's were you went wrong. Nowhere did the instructions tell you to unzip it and only attach that txt file. The instructions very clearly tell you to attach the entire ziplog file.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

All right, Ch3vron, I finally did the right thing. Did I not?

Now, can you or anyone else help me with what the ziplog file says?

...and what is that "Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk"?

Last edited:
"Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk"
Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
He is using the tapatalk app on his nexus 6p when answering

I suspect the problem is that the menu is in PAL format which your US player won't play.

One way to check would be to install CloneBD and load the disc into that, then choose the 'Convert into a file' option then just choose any format then click 'Continue' You should then get a list of files that are on the disc. If you look on the left hand side it tells you what frame size each file is (HD 1080) if you hover over that frame size for each clip it then tells you the frame rate. If you find the one for the menu you should be able to see what frame size and frame rate it is

Thanks, Hackerjac.

Adbear, my "regular" DVD player does not play PAL, that is correct. However it can play this entire blu-ray movie with the only exception of its menu. That's what gets me. Is it possible that the menu is PAL while the rest of the blu-ray is NTSC compatible?

This whole thing about European blu-rays is new to me. So far all blu-ray discs I have are bought here in the US. This particular one was only available from Spain thru Amazon.

Yes it's possible, that's why I said about checking to see what frame size/frame rate the video used for the menu is.

Most movies tend to be at 23.97fps which is compatible for both NTSC and PAL players, but any menus, trailers and extras will probably be in the format of the region the disc is from.

Yes, I think that's the reasonable answer.

Thanks,

Back