• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Catalog Software

When using all this cool software, is there a way to print reports, like a spreadsheet showing certain information? My Excel Spreadsheet is cool, but doesn't have pics and all the cool info.

Update to my previous post.......I've been comparing both "Profiler" and "All My DVDs" and it seems that they both print reports. Does anyone know of any differences between the two softwares that would sway my decision? I did notice that "All My DVDs" imports Excel lists and that's what mine is currently in.

Just wanted to see what software you guys use to keep track of all your DVD's & other video titles?

I am currently using ALL MY MOVIES and it works pretty well - http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmymovies.html

Just wanted to see what else is out there. Slysoft Products rule for all around backup of your personal DVD's!

I built my own MSAccess db and application, since I use Access for lots of stuff - work, music, addresses, videos, etc.

Movie Software

I personally use a package called Catvids for the last 10 years. Excellent and very powerful. Has many reports and you can create all different kinds of your own. http://www.fnprg.com/catvids/index.html

Little bit of a learning curve but the 170+ page documentation can be downloaded for free and the Forums and programmer are very helpful in answering questions plus the there is a free trial.

Just wanted to see what software you guys use to keep track of all your DVD's & other video titles?

I am currently using ALL MY MOVIES and it works pretty well - http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmymovies.html

Just wanted to see what else is out there. Slysoft Products rule for all around backup of your personal DVD's!

Does this allow you to start the movie from the movie display page and does it work with media center remote?

DVD Profiler allows you to number them. It automatically puts your titles in alphabetical order. It uses a huge database, and puts a pic of the dvd's cover, lists the actors, director, what audio tracks it has, DVD release date, Disc formats, etc...... it even lists what kind of case it's in. And it's free. Get the software here: http://www.intervocative.com/Downloads.aspx

Here is a link to my movies, so you can see what it looks like:
http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/emoxley
There are skins for it too, but I haven't tried them yet. :)

Will that work w/ movie only BD ISO's?

ocgw

peace

Collectorz.com is great!

I use a program called Movie Collector from Collectorz.com. I am very happy with it. You can even use a barcode scanner to enter movies. It searches a number of databases simultaneously (ie. IMDB, Amazon France, etc.) to enter info. I use it to track my ratings of over 1000 dvds.

I'll Try Again

Besides MyMovies, do any of the movie management programs that you guys/gals have been suggesting allow you to start the movie from the program interface and also work with image mounters like virtual clone drive and allow the user to play the movie with your player of choice.

MyMovies allows the user to do all those things so unless there is a competitor that allows at least those 3 items, then there is no reason to switch IMHO.

Any takers????

I use movies organizer deluxe at http://www.primasoft.com/. it even let you put in movie clip , and purchase price , letas you keep a running total on movie purchases. i find it very good and have used it for years.

I use a program called Movie Collector from Collectorz.com. I am very happy with it. You can even use a barcode scanner to enter movies. It searches a number of databases simultaneously (ie. IMDB, Amazon France, etc.) to enter info. I use it to track my ratings of over 1000 dvds.

I have used this software for quite some time now. I like the old version, however, in my opinion, they screwed up with the new version which only searches one database(their own). :disagree: :mad:

CATVids is great too

You can try it free and importing is very easy. It searches 2 databases and it downloads the bar code and covers for the movies or TV shows you are looking for...I downloaded it for free,the free one will only hold like 100 movies or it is a time limit and then I paid for it. It is great and the support is great too. They also have other software for books, CDs and stamps too. I have been using is now for 4 years......:rock: Here is a link
http://www.fnprg.com/catvids/index.html

A Bit of Work

I've tried a few of these, but I think that I'm going to stick with Plex/XBMC and their scraping function to keep track of BD/DVDs that I own. All of my BD/DVDs get ripped within the first week I have them and thrown on a file server as a source to other boxes in the house.

The identifying part works well, the only real issue is the rip/demux/encode/OCR/remux. Then the given optical disc goes on a shelf, ne'er to be seen again.

Re: Movie Collector from collectorz.com:

I have used this software for quite some time now. I like the old version, however, in my opinion, they screwed up with the new version which only searches one database(their own). :disagree: :mad:

Yes they apparently decided that it was too hard to keep-up with the changes non-collectorz dbs go thru all the time. But you should try the add-on utility KollectION which not only adds-back external db searches (after a fashion) but it also allows one to set-up "get Covers from DVD Empire and Cast info from IMDB" for example.

Besides MyMovies, do any of the movie management programs that you guys/gals have been suggesting allow you to start the movie from the program interface and also work with image mounters like virtual clone drive and allow the user to play the movie with your player of choice.

MyMovies allows the user to do all those things so unless there is a competitor that allows at least those 3 items, then there is no reason to switch IMHO.

Any takers????

Will MyMovies work w/ movie only BD isos?

ocgw

peace

Re: Movie Collector from collectorz.com:

Yes they apparently decided that it was too hard to keep-up with the changes non-collectorz dbs go thru all the time. But you should try the add-on utility KollectION which not only adds-back external db searches (after a fashion) but it also allows one to set-up "get Covers from DVD Empire and Cast info from IMDB" for example.

Thanks, wasn't aware of the add-on. Right now I have both versions installed and am just using the old version to search & add from database. :agree:

Will MyMovies work w/ movie only BD isos?

ocgw

peace

Yes,
MyMovies is basically a movie library management software, but it works with the major software players and ISO mounters to play ISOs. If you can make an ISO out of the movie, MyMovies can use it.

Yes,
MyMovies is basically a movie library management software, but it works with the major software players and ISO mounters to play ISOs. If you can make an ISO out of the movie, MyMovies can use it.

Thx PF, will it do 1 click start of movies?

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Yes,

thx PF

Will it auto recognize the movies or do I have to label all of them "by hand"?

ocgw

peace

I have BD iso playback in Windows7 w/ MC7 w/ MyMovies and PDVD8 and it is great,

PDVD8 will play my DVD isos fine too, but when MC7 is in fullscreen autoplay is disabled and Media Player tries to play the DVD, how do I force autoplay of DVD w/ PDVD8 in MC7?

ocgw

peace

Back