• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mounting Rom Drives Vertically

Butt_Love

Hi There!

Looking at a 5U Rackmount Case for better CPU Cooler Options and the particular case I'm looking at has 3 - 5 1/4 External Drive Bays. I want 3 external 5 1/4 Drive Bays for ripping purposes.

However since it's a Tower Server Model (That can be rack mounted) it appears that the 5 1/4 drive cage cannot be rotated 90 degrees and when it comes to the 5 1/4 drives the case is more designed for "Tower" or a standing Configuration. Interestingly enough the 3 1/4 Drive bays can be rotated 90 degrees.

Wondering if anyone is running their UHD & BD drives in a vertical configuration? Perhaps some drives are better designed to handle this?

Thanks

I've used vertically-mounted CD/DVD drives for 2 decades. No problem with performance. The only issue is getting the disc in and out of the drive, a little fiddly.

I currently put my BD drive in an external case since my new PC had no place for it.

Thanks for the reply... Ya I'm trying to avoid the external case mounting as I'd like to keep things a little cleaner.

Thanks

Back