• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mounting Blu Ray ISO w/ PS3?

hotdog453

Howdy.

Odd question: Might have been answered elsewhere, but my google-fu and forum-fu are weak, I can't find anything.

Is it possible to rip a BR w/ AnyDVD, and mount it with a PS3, and play it back like a normal BR?

I'm not looking to do the ripping WITH the PS3, just playback the image themselves. I only ask for one reason: If the PS3 can mount and playback the image, I'd also be able to get lossless audio; something PowerDVD can't do.

All of my google-ing brings up "Ripping with a PS3", which is NOT what I want to do. I could do that, of course, but I'd prefer to just use my PC.

Thoughts?

Howdy.

Odd question: Might have been answered elsewhere, but my google-fu and forum-fu are weak, I can't find anything.

Is it possible to rip a BR w/ AnyDVD, and mount it with a PS3, and play it back like a normal BR?

I'm not looking to do the ripping WITH the PS3, just playback the image themselves. I only ask for one reason: If the PS3 can mount and playback the image, I'd also be able to get lossless audio; something PowerDVD can't do.

All of my google-ing brings up "Ripping with a PS3", which is NOT what I want to do. I could do that, of course, but I'd prefer to just use my PC.

Thoughts?

You can mount it on the PC but I can't see how you would on a PS3 to be honest.

No, you can't. The PS3 has no idea what an image is nor what to do with one.

Alrighty, that's what I figured. I've never played around with the Linux options in the PS3, but that makes sense; if there was some easy to use, friendly option for playback on Linux, people would be using it on a normal PC too.

There's currently no working HD playback solution on Linux. If there were, I'd be happy. Also, it'd likely require use of the actual hardware that's blocked by the hypervisor...however there's a project working to get around that problem. Eventually there will be a good solution for playback of HD images under Linux but that's currently not the case.

Back