• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Most popular way to get hd down in size?

ilyo

Once you have ripped the 40GB disc to your hard drive...what is the most popular way to get the size down to 10-15GB while keeping the 5.1 sound and reasonable video quality?

I usually delete all the extra stuff like trailers, deleted scenes and "making of" stuff. Doing that you can free up a lot of space.

As I understand it... HD is still too new to have the benifit of programs like DVDShrink to do the dirty work - yet.

That said... the same rules apply to HD... Once you pare it down to the main movie, if you transcode it much past 80-85% - the eyes will notice. So the best you'll ever do with a 25g main movie is about 21g. Expect HD material to inherantly eat up a LOT more drive space than legacy DVD does. Just be thankfull hard drives are growing in size quickly. :D

-W

Last edited:
I think ive only had 1 disk do 40GB the rest been under 20GB.
I suspect when we get ConeHDDVD we will be able to strip the adverts, extra's, and all those languages not required and 15GB or less will be the norm.

for hd dvd just delete everything except the two feature.evo files.

Back