• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Most new computer cases no longer come with optical drive bays

Not only do they no longer have optical drives, they are loading with annoying LED lights. I really don't want my computer to look like a Christmas tree.
I do. RGB is great. It's like a night for me, I haven't shut my computer down for 4 years, except for updates or to build a new one and strip parts.

I do. RGB is great. It's like a night for me, I haven't shut my computer down for 4 years, except for updates or to build a new one and strip parts.
I don't have an issue with the idea of the LED lights, but I find them distracting, would rather not pay for them, and would be more interested in practical upgrades.

I don't have an issue with the idea of the LED lights, but I find them distracting, would rather not pay for them, and would be more interested in practical upgrades.
Computers have become more than just an outlet into society and a source of knowledge, they have become works of art by system builders and pro gamers. Hard tube cooling can give an awesome effect to a rig. The coloring and then you can also put a theme to your personal build its been a hobby for me for many years.;)

I like RGB only as a theme. Meaning I will put them on a static color. Like right now I have matching RGB red everything. I dislike the animated stuff personally.

I like RGB only as a theme. Meaning I will put them on a static color. Like right now I have matching RGB red everything. I dislike the animated stuff personally.
The fact is that some of the DIY computer build crowd wants to make their computers like works of art and enjoy looking at them, not just as a way to communicate but also to show off in their workspace or office or den.

The fact is that some of the DIY computer build crowd wants to make their computers like works of art and enjoy looking at them, not just as a way to communicate but also to show off in their workspace or office or den.

Yes, that is what I basically do. Which is why I choose a theme. I just don't personally care for the flashy blinky stuff.

Not only do they no longer have optical drives, they are loading with annoying LED lights. I really don't want my computer to look like a Christmas tree.

I know, right? Why not just set up some kind of effects panel or light thing *next* to the computer if you want something light that? Why incorporate it INTO the computer?

That's cool, but why does it have to be part of the computer itself? Why not just have some kind of light effect thingie next to the computer?

It's not a problem to play a disc with a drive attached via USB e.g. with PowerDVD. Not at all. You are wrong about that.

Got it, thanks. I know it has to be an Intel machine using Intel integrated graphics, but I wasn't sure about using USB, what with the bus encryption and all. (I have zero interest in setting up a system that can play a commercial UHD disc, so I don't have first hand knowledge.)

Got it, thanks. I know it has to be an Intel machine using Intel integrated graphics, but I wasn't sure about using USB, what with the bus encryption and all. (I have zero interest in setting up a system that can play a commercial UHD disc, so I don't have first hand knowledge.)
Naahh.. Not if AnyDVD is running in the background. :)

Thanks! The case I got is pretty good as cartman also confirmed. It just doesn't have the front fast USB ports. Be quiet has "German engineering" if you remember that old funny Volkswagen commercial. Yes, it was less funny after the Diesel scandal. But this company has good quality if you want to build a silent PC.
Actually ... I was one step from returning it ... I could not fit the 240 radiator at the top with the huge heatsinks of the Strix Z690 board ... ended up using the holes where the upper lid fit in and the mesh wire to attach the radiator. :eek:
Apart from that it's a very nice plain case, even with acoustic insulation (y)

Yes of course modern and good looking ones (in my opinion) are available. Harder to find yes but they exist. I have a Corsair Obsidian 750D. It has 3 drive bays. Now you might not like the way it looks but that is of course highly subjective.

I'm really liking the Corsair 750D. They even released a USB 3.1 update for it for the front panel.

The problem is, it's out of production, and the only place I could find it (and the update) is in the UK, and they don't ship worldwide. I'm attempting to buy it using a package forwarding service.

Things have really gotten much harder for us users who want external 5.25" bays, soon there will be nothing but used. :cry:

I'm really liking the Corsair 750D. They even released a USB 3.1 update for it for the front panel.

The problem is, it's out of production, and the only place I could find it (and the update) is in the UK, and they don't ship worldwide. I'm attempting to buy it using a package forwarding service.

Things have really gotten much harder for us users who want external 5.25" bays, soon there will be nothing but used. :cry:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185529857036?hash=item2b3270f40c:g:EEgAAOSwZqRiy0db

Well, that wrongly attached radiator in my BeQuiet case was itching me so much, plus the temps with the 240 AiO were not so much pleasing, I wanted a 360 AiO.
And I still needed a Case with ODD option.
So I ended my search with https://de.thermaltake.com/core-x31-tempered-glass-edition.html
I would have gone with a metal side option, but there is none :rolleyes:
If you have the ODD in the lower tray, you can remove the upper tray and have a 360 AiO with Push-Pull Fans exhausting at the top.
Since the case is quite wide and the Radiator is really near the glass door, there is plenty of space between it and the mainboard.
So you can have huge VRM heatsinks or RAM heatsinks no problem.
And it also has room for a 200mm fan in the front 🤩

Unfortunately I ordered an Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 360, whose pump mount interferes with the VRM heatsinks of the Strix Z690 (learned about that later trying to figure out, why the machine wasn't booting)
Will send it back today, ordering a Thermaltake 360AiO, I read some good reviews and it's not burning a hole in my wallet.
If all is finished I'll try to make some pictures ... although it looks pretty patchworked due to the color of some fans 😝

Back