• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Most Expensive Coffee in the World

Roycal

Now the most expensive cup of coffe in the world is 50 dollars, but the only hotels that serve it cost $3300 dollars per night minimum. And no 'walk ins' :)
Don't ask how they make the coffe but it is unique. Remarkable story though, who would have thought that could work for anything except for fertilizer, let alone coffee?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Strange stuff. I would be afraid to try kopi luwak in case it's really that good. Freshly ground French roast is ok for me and that's about 100 times better than my father settled for in his day.

This new version of coffee is fed to elephants in Thailand. But it lacks the discriminating taste of the civat cat. The idea is that the civats only eat the best coffee berries. Apparently, the reason they are trying the elephant thing, is because it is much easier to mass produce if proven to be popular. But the elephant probably just eats what ever it's given, so doubtful the coffee would be as good as the civet version.

If you take into account the cost of the hotel room to get the cup of coffee, it's by far the most expensive cup of coffee in the world. But most people who spend over $3K a night, will think nothing of $50 for an exceptional cup of coffee. This is probably an introductory price though, as 5 star hotels usually mark up consumables way more than that.

Theoretically, if this experiment does work, and the coffee is really good, it should be much cheaper than the civet version. But either way, I would only buy it from a reputable retailer. I would not buy it through Amazon or Ebay. The coffee has to go through all kinds of cleaning, sterilization and roasting that has to be done properly, before it is sold.

Have you heard of this new 10K yr old bottled water from icebergs? Supposed to be the best drinking water in the world and only $15.00 for a 12 ounce bottle. Haven't been able to find a retailer yet, though. But one of the cable channels has a realty show about former fishermen harvesting pieces of icebergs. These fishermen are selling the ice for around $4/lb from what I can gather from the show.

So far the harvesting method on the tv show is hillarious. They shoot at the iceberg with high powered rifles until a piece falls off and then try to scoop up the ice with nets. There definitely has to be a better way than that.

The latest thing is a cup of civet coffee made with iceberg water. That's got to be at least 100 dollars a cup USD. And only served at the most expensive hotels in the world ;)

Last edited:
Now the most expensive cup of coffe in the world is 50 dollars, but the only hotels that serve it cost $3300 dollars per night minimum. And no 'walk ins' :)
Don't ask how they make the coffe but it is unique. Remarkable story though, who would have thought that could work for anything except for fertilizer, let alone coffee?

The coffee you are talking about is the coffee I sell all over the world in much lesser price. :rock:

Last edited:
Kopi Lewak

I was able with much difficulty, the sales staff could not tell the difference between beans and ground,100gms of Kopi Lewak beans for USD75.00. The taste lived up to its reputation but I was unsettled by the expiry date which was given as 31 February. The purchase was made at Denpasar airport.

You do know that finn bumped a 1.5 year old topic right?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

The only thing u promote is the same as the last guy. Resurrecting year old topics with replies that have no relevance.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC Sensation met Tapatalk

There really should be some form of automatic lock after a topic hits 6 months or a year since last reply. Would stop this from happening in the first place.

There really should be some form of automatic lock after a topic hits 6 months or a year since last reply. Would stop this from happening in the first place.
Why ? It's just some silly thread about coffee. :)

Do you watch Pawn Stars, did you see the one where Chum breaks the coffee machine and eventually has everyone drinking Civet Coffee ?

The "Old Man" didn't care though _ he drank it anyway... He He He... :doh:

Yup, saw that one. Everyone hated the idea itself except the old man, drank it and asked for more :p

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Most expensive coffee update: apparently the Club lounge of the Marina Sands hotel, Singapore is serving Black Ivory coffee. Production of this coffee is reported to be limited to 200kg a year and is produced by feeding Arabica beans to elephants, extracted from their faeces, then sun dried and roasted. Club rooms at the hotel are around USD 500.00. Great to have good news for a change.

Most expensive coffee update: apparently the Club lounge of the Marina Sands hotel, Singapore is serving Black Ivory coffee. Production of this coffee is reported to be limited to 200kg a year and is produced by feeding Arabica beans to elephants, extracted from their faeces, then sun dried and roasted. Club rooms at the hotel are around USD 500.00. Great to have good news for a change.
What a load of CRAP :)

If it comes out the arse end of any animal it's shite and it's not being drank or eaten by me, not unless it's TEOTWAWKI then I might consider drinking it if I want coffee that bad, but then their needs to be some half & half and sweetner around also.

If you don't like the "brightness" or "citrus" tastes from the acids, there are other coffees you can buy that are very good and very low in acid, that don't have to go through an animal's digestive system first.

Indian Monsoon Malabar is exposed to the rains of the monsoon season to make a coffee with virtually no acid. The unroasted seeds or beans are almost white instead of the usual green color, and are much less dense than most other coffees.

Most Indonesian coffees (especially Bali coffees) are also very low in acid. The seeds spend time drying in low iron soil which neutralizes a lot of acid. The unroasted coffee is usually a bluish color instead of the usual green. (One type of Balinese coffee is called Blue Moon.)

If you really like poop coffee there is also the alternate "Black Ivory" coffee which goes through an elephant instead of a palm civet.

You should also know, that virtually no Kopi Luwak today is ethically produced. Palm Civets are not social, they are solitary. In order to make Kopi Luwak on a large scale there are two options: caged, and courtyard. Obviously caged is bad... these animals are force fed only coffee cherries and are housed in close proximity to each other, which stresses them badly. "Courtyard" seems more ethical as the civets are not caged and allowed to roam around, but because they are not social, this forces them into an unnatural situation where they are extremely stressed by forcing them onto one territory, which in turn makes them all have to either fight or run from each other, and in a courtyard there is no where to go. They snuck cameras in and found extremely mutilated animals with bites and missing or mangled limbs, etc.

Oh, also, I know little about it, but I have heard that there are some Vietnamese coffees that "emulate" Kopi Luwak by processing the coffee in equipment where they add similar enzymes that are in the palm civet's digestive system. This supposedly makes a coffee that tastes just like Kopi Luwak but didn't have to go through a real animal's digestive system first.

Keep in mind that even the coffee from animal poop is cleaned and processed after it is collected. There is no bacteria, pathogens, or actual poop in the final product. The main purpose of poop coffee is exposure to enzymes that eliminate acids to produce a smooth flavor. And as I mentioned, there are other types of low acid coffees available that are much more affordable.

I would drink it if someone else bought it. I rarely drink coffee anymore, maybe a cup a week and that's only because I'm out with friends. The way I like my coffee even crappy Maxwell house would do. If I goto a coffee house I usually get a triple shot latte so I'm really looking for a caffeine buzz rather than taste, although if it taste good that's even better.

Back