• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved More Languages - How to start with one language?

AS-Liebhaber

One question to the button and feature. I know i can download a title with more languages, f.e. german and english. I want to set german as the language, my player starts with and only if i switch, this should be in english.

I see the button in german (look at the screenshot) but i dont understand how it works. How is the best posibility to make the audio like i described it upper? I tried different possibilitys, sometime it works, sometimes not. Please help, i just want to have englisch and german as language, and german should be the automatical language.

Attachments

• Any.JPG
    Any.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 6
So you want to set one track as the default one/ the first one? This is currently not possible amd although I (and some others) already suggested it shortly after the addition of this feature, it seems they don't want to include it, based on what they said back then. No idea if that changed till now, maybe it is planned for 1.5.0.0.

But whats the Button then? Screenshot in german: BESCHREIBENDES AUDIO BEVORZUGEN - dont know the wording in englisch. but you see on the screenshot what button/hook i mean

Because... sometimes i have the german track as default, sometimes not. but always english is marked first. so i dont think thats random

But whats the Button then?
Descriptive Audio is the same thing like you sometimes have an additional subtitles track with (speaking loud), (raining) etc. I never heard one but from what I got it has additional stuff for people that cannot see that good. So if there is a normal german track, but also a descriptive track, then AS will download the descriptive track if you use this checkbox.

but always english is marked first
Can you explain what "marked first" means? Either way, there is currently no way to set one track to be the first, second and so on, so I have sadly never used this option as it is of no use for me.

Ok thank you for your explanation, it sounds logical :) and also not neccessary for me.

Can you explain what "marked first" means? Either way, there is currently no way to set one track to be the first, second and so on, so I have sadly never used this option as it is of no use for me.
I made a screenshot here, there i can explain it. The english sound is always the first that AS lists
The second one is german then, but there is a bar on english (see Screenshot), i can move this bar to german (and i mean not mark/demark the track). So i thought, if i mark the language with this bar, its my function - but it isnt :)

Attachments

• Any.JPG
    Any.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 6
there is a bar on english
This is only to highlight the language you have clicked on, same you can mark files in file explorer. Remember that you can/have to select the quality for each track, so if you set english to be 640, then you have to do that/ to check that for german as well, if there is 640 available too.

This is only to highlight the language you have clicked on, same you can mark files in file explorer. Remember that you can/have to select the quality for each track, so if you set english to be 640, then you have to do that/ to check that for german as well, if there is 640 available too.

Yes i saw that i have to select for each language at his own. But i dont understand, i have the same settings (always english on top, german underneath. Sometimes the first language is english, sometimes german. I also downloaded a episode of a series 6 times, one time it was german, the other times english. - How is this possible?

Do you know maybe a programm, to switch the first and second language, without editing with an video editor?

Sometimes the first language is english, sometimes german
Just to be sure, you refer to the file or how you can see it in the player? Yes, that appears to be random. They seem to prefer on relying on whatever automatic they use instead of giving us a proper setting.

one time it was german, the other times english
What do you want to say, that the first audio track was random for both tries? Nothing you can do about it.

Do you know maybe a programm, to switch the first and second language
You can just remux the file with stuff like MKVToolNix or ffmpeg. That does not re-encode or alter the file, but still requires to copy the content into a new file, just with the one track being first instead. I am not sure if there is a method (for example a command for ffmpeg) that could just set a flag or change the media metadata, so the tracks stay the same and you don't need to create a copy for everything (especially annoying for series or if you don't have much space). The programs would just start to see one track as first from then on.

Just to be sure, you refer to the file or how you can see it in the player? Yes, that appears to be random. They seem to prefer on relying on whatever automatic they use instead of giving us a proper setting.
Ok, then its random - so i am not confused :)

What do you want to say, that the first audio track was random for both tries? Nothing you can do about it.
Ok :(

You can just remux the file with stuff like MKVToolNix or ffmpeg. That does not re-encode or alter the file, but still requires to copy the content into a new file, just with the one track being first instead. I am not sure if there is a method (for example a command for ffmpeg) that could just set a flag or change the media metadata, so the tracks stay the same and you don't need to create a copy for everything (especially annoying for series or if you don't have much space). The programs would just start to see one track as first from then on.
Ok i thought it would be more easy. Technical side should be no problem. Load MP4, change languages of the position and save it as a new file. But ok, i will load it with both languages and have to switch on my player.

---

Thank you for your time and your professional and quick answers!

i thought it would be more easy
To remux something is always the easiest way unless you can use another program to change some metadata or stuff like that, because it just creates a copy, but does not throw away power and time for a re-encode.

Thank you for your time and your professional and quick answers!
Thanks, no problem!

Back