More and more not being recognized

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by creeper6996, Apr 4, 2007.

1. creeper6996

creeper6996 Well-Known Member

I use AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, Shrink, 1ClickDVDCopy, Decrypter, and I keep getting more and more originals that my drive/burner isn't recognizing. These are new releases, from different studios. I would say about 15-20% of the orignals I try, aren't being recognized.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming this on ANY of the software I'm using, but it is becoming a problem.

Is this happening to anyone else?

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Might be a sign to get a new drive (unless you're having fun with newer Sony and Lionsgate releases)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  3. RAMROD

RAMROD Well-Known Member

Another drive bites the dust

4. creeper6996

Even if it's working with the other 80%? When burners go bad, they get sketchy? I thought when they went bad, they didn't work anymore at all.

5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

They can, yeah.

6. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

You have the classic "going bad" symptoms.

7. Zeta

Zeta Well-Known Member

Been there, had that......some would read fine....more and more not......installed new burner.......problem went bye bye. :agree:

8. creeper6996

That is great. It's good knowing what the problem is. Sure don't mind spending money on a new burner. Thanks to all of you.

9. creeper6996

It's been suggested to me before to......

"If you can find them, go with a PX-760 or a PX-716."

After searching Newegg and reading the reviews, I'm scared. There were lots of negatives, should I just ignore those?

10. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Plextor

There are several on the forum that have both of those burners. I have the 760A, but not the 716. The only negatives with either is the price. If you are wanting something as good, but maybe cheaper, the Pioneer 111 or 112 would be an alternative. There are some good Sony and Lite-On, but you're not sure if they are real or branded.

Cheapest place for the Pioneer in the US is Supermediastore.com or maybe Newegg.

11. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

I have 2 Plextor 716's and they are superb products. I also use Lite-On and NEC.