Mockingjay 2

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Edgeman56, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Edgeman56

Edgeman56 Member

Not showing the correct playlist. Logfile attached. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. cavediver

cavediver Well-Known Member

This is the logfile from the Amazon retail version of this BD. Hundreds of playlists with screenpass protection and something new - All of the stream files in all of the MPLS files have (17) 00501.M2ts files with index numbers each with different time lengths.

Attached Files:

3. dalerreed

dalerreed Member

This is a log file from a US Rental version. Not showing correct playlist...

Attached Files:

4. CCaptain00

CCaptain00 Active Member

I also need playlist help (305 playlist)

Attached Files:

5. Not showing correct playlist... Thanks. I think it is 258 but not sure.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  6. BrianG61UK

BrianG61UK Well-Known Member

Here's another ziplog for Region B version of MJ2 from amazon.co.uk
    My own analysis with PowerDVD and procmon suggests the correct main playlist is 00154.mpls

Attached Files:

7. sub0ptimal

sub0ptimal Active Member

Another log file, if this is helpful at all. US Blu-ray rental. It takes several minutes to scan the disk. Rip to Hard Drive aborts with read errors after a few minutes.

I know this may be a bad disc, but I am just supplying another data point.

Attached Files:

8. Barnabus

Barnabus Well-Known Member

Here is another region 1 log file.

Attached Files:

9. Frankenscripter

Frankenscripter Well-Known Member

Another US Rental logfile.

Attached Files:

10. thesac

thesac Active Member

Has anyone tried 706 for US rental?

11. kcsdad

kcsdad New Member

154 for US BR Rental looks like it worked. I used latest AnyDVD HD to rip to hard drive first, then handbrake to convert playlist 154 (out of 315 I believe it was). Did a quick scan and it seemed all scenes were in order and no blackout at the 1:20 mark as mentioned in another thread.

Edit: 154 is not correct, I just noticed the chapter jump at the beginning of the movie.

Edit 2: Yeah, just don't listen to a word I say, total noob here. 154 was the 154th item in the list of titles, not the .mpls name. I had originally tried 00491.mpls, which does not work.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  12. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Just to clarify there are completely valid reasons why a person might need to know the playlist for a rental version of a Blu-ray release including but not limited to playback on an HTPC while making use of AnyDVD HD to not have to deal with advertisements, etc.

Note: Yes, there's a reason I am posting this. If you don't understand why then it was not directed at you.

13. trihouse79

trihouse79 Member

Trying now...will let you know.

14. sundansx

sundansx New Member

Not to mention to avoid buying into the but-raping that is PowerDVD....Somehow a software Blu player is 2X the cost of a standalone unit.

StPatty33 likes this.
  15. Catsrules

Catsrules New Member

A little off topic but, while we are waiting for the correct track number, I have always wondered how do the normal Blu-ray players figure out the correct track number? Does it have something to do with the menus?

16. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

They don't, hardware players have a device unique decryption key. The disc asks for authentication, the player shows its key, the disc 'sees' a hardware key and says 'all good' and goes on to normal playback.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

17. horseradish

horseradish Member

I did it the hard way (statistical analysis of the playlists followed by some old-fashioned manual stream review) and found that 00428.mpls is the right one for the rental I had.

18. jwjohnson

jwjohnson Well-Known Member

Which is what the ANYDVD HD status window reports on my netflix disc. Much less work for me that way.

19. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

I don't know which disc you actually have, but I'm fairly certain, that AnyDVD displays the correct playlist in the status window.
    If it doesn't - please post a log file.

20. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Can some of you please check if these discs work without AnyDVD at all?
    Certain variants look like they shouldn't even play correctly as original disc on a licensed Blu-ray player.

Especially the ones from:
    dalerreed, williamshtaylor and from another thread: Burrie, possibly BrianG61UK and TAZ666
    (these are three distinct discs).

These discs should play the main feature in a jumbled sequence.

These discs should be correct: Edgeman56, CCaptain00, subOptimal (btw, buddy, you have read errors on yours, return it), Barnabus, Frankenscripter