Moana DVD error

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by vander1, Aug 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. vander1

vander1 Member

I bought the Moana DVD brand new and I got an error when trying to copy it to my hard drive (with AnyDVD enabled). Is it a bad disc, or some sort of other problem? I'm not sure how to tell. Here is the log file. Please let me know. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Which error EXACTLY did you get? We need the exact message. That said you should set your drive hardware region, although that won't help in this case. That disc has ZERO protection on it. If a simple file copy through windows explorer won't work either, chances are very high it's a defective disc. Yes, even brand new discs can be defective straight out of the plastic wrapper.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

3. vander1

vander1 Member

The error is: "My Movies Failed to copy your disc 'Reading sector 2992 failed over 10 retries'". I'm assuming a different method of copying would produce a similar result. But if you suggest I try something else, I will. I'm kind of thinking it's a faulty disc though. Also, I checked my bluray drive in device manager and it says it is set to Region 1. Does the log say otherwise?

4. d00zah

d00zah Well-Known Member

Completely exit AnyDVD before checking/setting drive region.

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

5. Ch3vr0n

That won't matter here though as I already said that too. There is no protection on that disc at all. Try a simple file copy through windows explorer as I indicated. If that fails: highly likely defective

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

6. vander1

vander1 Member

Ah, so AnyDVD actually makes it look like the region is set in device manager! Clever. When I closed AnyDVD, then it said it was not set so I set it to region 1. I tried windows explorer as well as ripping from the anydvd program. Both failed. So I am figuring it is a bad DVD. Thanks for your help!

7. Ch3vr0n

Indeed it does, but that's due to how anydvd works. It "sits" between the hardware layer and the software (windows itself) layer. So if you're setting the region with anydvd active you're technically setting it in anydvd (which is impossible, unless through the GUI itself) and not the actual drive :). Lets just hope your exchange has more luck :)