• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MKV vs TS vs M2TS (for Blu-ray / HD-DVD rips)

jmone

I've have little luck in finding a good discusion on the relative merits of the different container formats for Blu-ray / HD-DVD rips for playback with standard Filters (eg FFDSHOW / Haali splitter) or streamed to UPnP/DLNA boxs. From what I've read:

- MKV: smallest in size but has a CPU overhead as the file needs to be parsed. Will now accept all the needed Video / Audio streams & codecs. Also supports Chapters but Blu-ray / HD-DVD SUP subtitles need to be convert to SUB/IDX.

- TS/M2TS: Slightly larger in size but lower CPU overhead as they do not need to be parsed. Will accept all the needed Video / Audio streams & codecs. Does not support Chapters and subtitles are an issue (you have to have them converted to as a seperate SUB/IDX file as if you there are no Filters to split and display the embedded SUP subtitles.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks
Nathan

Back