• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MKV vs. MP4

ChuckH

What is the difference between the two? Why would one have an advantage over the other?

Thank you.

Others know far more about it than I do and I am sure they will chime in shortly. But both are just containers for video/audio with similar capabilities however there are a few differences. And it depends on what you are tying to do whether those differences matter to you.

Personally I do everything MKV but that's out of habit after running into a bug with Handbrake a few years back on other formats.

Mkv has much broader support for the formats that can be contained. E.g. you can store truehd, atmos, dts HD ma, Dolby vision video, etc in an mkv. Not all of those will work in mp4. However mp4 is supported by just about every device under the sun which isn't always true for mkv. It really depends on what you're putting into the container and what devices you plan on playing them back on.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

The mp4 extension is yes, the video/audio codec used in the mp4 file container not always is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back