• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request MKV support

Status
Not open for further replies.
dunno if this applies here per se, but if anyone is interested in a super quick way of switching mp4 to mkv, do try VideoContainerSwitcher 1.0.24. its super fast, simply, as its name suggests, switches container from mp4 to mkv, no re-encoding whatsoever. even with my anemic athlon 200ge im getting between 50x (for those high bitrate files, 10000kb/s and up) and up to 100-150x (lower bitrate files, 5000-7000kb/s). so, dunno. switch to mkv and then add subs via mkvtoolnix, should multiplex fast without any conversions or re-encoding, simply add subtitle stream. i could be wrong about that, but thats what id try if i werent a separate subtitle file nerd (tabs over spaces type of thing, mhm). cheers.

dunno if this applies here per se, but if anyone is interested in a super quick way of switching mp4 to mkv, do try VideoContainerSwitcher 1.0.24. its super fast, simply, as its name suggests, switches container from mp4 to mkv, no re-encoding whatsoever. even with my anemic athlon 200ge im getting between 50x (for those high bitrate files, 10000kb/s and up) and up to 100-150x (lower bitrate files, 5000-7000kb/s). so, dunno. switch to mkv and then add subs via mkvtoolnix, should multiplex fast without any conversions or re-encoding, simply add subtitle stream. i could be wrong about that, but thats what id try if i werent a separate subtitle file nerd (tabs over spaces type of thing, mhm). cheers.

You can load the mp4 together with the subs in mkvtoolnix and save it, it will switch the container to mkv.

right. and mkvtoolsnix switches the container too. not sure why you would need VideoContainerChanger.

subtitles are the main problem although you can mux them in with mkvtoolsnix as well. pretty much one stop and you can script it all or use the front end

i leave mp4 and mp4. none of the many apps i’ve used on windows, osx, ios, android have any problems with mp4. and most all play mkv too. both are just containers so quality is the same

right. and mkvtoolsnix switches the container too. not sure why you would need VideoContainerChanger.
I have no problem with subtitles at all and do not use or need such tools. These tools are not so high sophisticated (while they are easy to use) - as I am the command line guy, I prefer ffmpeg native.
Sometimes I have to demux a video to reencode the audio stream, as my player doesn't support E-AC3 (DD+).

I would just like to say that I would highly prefer the option to save to MKV as well. Obviously I can't force anything, but as a paying user it's an option I would greatly appreciate.

I would just like to say that I would highly prefer the option to save to MKV as well. Obviously I can't force anything, but as a paying user it's an option I would greatly appreciate.
Why do you NEED mkv vs. mp4? Please elaborate. And like others posted. MKVToolnix will take care of the conversion.

Why do you NEED mkv vs. mp4? Please elaborate. And like others posted. MKVToolnix will take care of the conversion.
Who said I need it? I said I want it. I prefer the MKV format for a number of reasons, and would prefer to save myself extra steps. As a paying user I'm simply stating I would use and appreciate that feature. It's up to the development team to decide ultimately, but how will they know if users don't say anything?

Who said I need it? I said I want it. I prefer the MKV format for a number of reasons, and would prefer to save myself extra steps. As a paying user I'm simply stating I would use and appreciate that feature. It's up to the development team to decide ultimately, but how will they know if users don't say anything?
Calm down, bro! What advantages do you see using mkv FOR downloads? mp4 has restrictions especially regarding sound formats but I don't see any advantages for downloads using AS.

Calm down, bro! What advantages do you see using mkv FOR downloads? mp4 has restrictions especially regarding sound formats but I don't see any advantages for downloads using AS.
I would simply prefer to avoid the extra step of converting it manually myself as it takes more time and effort. If it downloaded it to mp4 because that's the container used by the streaming service and then did the conversion after the fact, that's just an implementation detail, so that doesn't matter to me.

You still own me a reason why you would need mkv instead of mp4. mp4 has no disadvantages regardind the AS downloads compared to mkv. So don't insist but explain why.

You still own me a reason why you would need mkv instead of mp4. mp4 has no disadvantages regardind the AS downloads compared to mkv. So don't insist but explain why.
I don't understand why a simple request is treated so hostily. I "owe you a reason"? Uh, no I don't. I can have a preference as an end user.

As a container MP4 is inferior to MKV for a number of reasons. It doesn't support as many formats and their are better tools available for MKV. I've standardized on it for this reason. Is MP4 inferior for the actual download? No of course not. Is it the format I want to ultimately use? No it's not. So this isn't a requirement, but it would improve my experience with the program so I'm letting the developers know my preference. You can have your own opinions on the matter of course, and I respect that, but why the interrogation?

He just started, is demanding everyone do what he wants. The site does what it can but there area lot of other things that need doing as well that help more people. I paid my money, do what I want, just doesn't work all the time. Sorry if he doesn't like that.

He just started, is demanding everyone do what he wants. The site does what it can but there area lot of other things that need doing as well that help more people. I paid my money, do what I want, just doesn't work all the time. Sorry if he doesn't like that.
You are putting words in my mouth. I never said there aren't other things to work on, that this was a requirement, or a high priority. I simply stated a preference, and am getting harrased for it. I'm a developer myself I know how it works - you have to prioritize things. But user feedback is good as it tells you what people want even if you decide to ignore that request for the time being.

Ok, realize that, but as I should have said, may take a long time. And I'm not the one who has any say about it.

As a request, we will take it under consideration. We understand. Thank you.
Thank you - that's all I was trying to communicate, and I think it's a great product which is why I bought it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back