• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Missing episodes and seasons on Hulu

Corey Noble

I wanted to download King Of Queens, but it comes up entirely blank when I click on it. (No seasons, no episodes). It shows available on Hulu, but there’s nothing there to download when I try to. Anyone else?

yeah, hulu turned douche and many of the shows are now not available unless you pay for hulu live TV. king of queens, roseanne and many others are now unavailable for plain vanilla hulu subscribers. they do show in AS, but playlist is blank. you can always check in your browser. it should display a message 'available with live tv', something along those lines. ive never had a case of a show on hulu displaying in AS with an empty playlist, and then actually being available through a browser or an app.

Last edited:
Thanks. I didn’t realize that. That really helps. I have Hulu free due to my cell phone provider. I wouldn’t pay for it otherwise. But there’s a few decent shows on there. Would have enjoyed having King Of Queens on my Plex instead of Hulu, but not likely at the expense of paying extra. What’s up with all these providers creating tiered plans where you pay for their service, then pay even more for the rest of the features?! [Gives shifty eye at AS].

yeah, hulu turned douche and many of the shows are now not available unless you pay for hulu live TV. king of queens, roseanne and many others are now unavailable for polain vanilla hulu subscribers. they do show in AS, but playlist is blank. you can always check in your browser. it should display a message 'available with live tv', something along those lines. ive never had a case of a show on hulu displaying in AS with an empty playlist, and then actually being available through a browser or an app.

AND they just raised their prices.

If they start putting a lot behind the "Live TV Wall" I am gonna cancel them because it's no longer worth it at that point in my opinion.

AND they just raised their prices.

If they start putting a lot behind the "Live TV Wall" I am gonna cancel them because it's no longer worth it at that point in my opinion.
It's a business they have to make money, all companies raise prices, HULU is a premium provider, pay them and you will get all your episodes. Of course, they are going to put the best stuff on their premium product.

Reactions: DQ
It's a business they have to make money, all companies raise prices, HULU is a premium provider, pay them and you will get all your episodes. Of course, they are going to put the best stuff on their premium product.

I get all that for sure. The issue is they redefine premium from time to time and things you once had access to you no longer do. So not only do they raise the price for your current tier but they take away content. So as a consumer you end up paying more for less.

--EDIT-- That was all just my opinion. Not trying at all to start an argument or anything.

I get all that for sure. The issue is they redefine premium from time to time and things you once had access to you no longer do. So not only do they raise the price for your current tier but they take away content. So as a consumer you end up paying more for less.
Everything you said is absolutely true, but what's one person's favorite show is another man's boring hour. All the providers do this. Amazon Netflix, Showtime, Disney+ etc, all change the listings, what was there today might not be there tomorrow, they usually give you notice, like ( This show will be leaving APV on Sept 30th) or something to that effect, so you will keep coming back and seeing what's new. It's their way of giving you a good selection but putting new stuff in and taking old stuff out.

--EDIT-- That was all just my opinion. Not trying at all to start an argument or anything.
DQ, no one thought you were trying to start an argument, no one, especially not me, this is a discussion, we all can disagree and agree with what someone says. I happen to like a good discussion thread, keep up the good work.

Everything you said is absolutely true, but what's one person's favorite show is another man's boring hour. All the providers do this. Amazon Netflix, Showtime, Disney+ etc, all change the listings, what was there today might not be there tomorrow, they usually give you notice, like ( This show will be leaving APV on Sept 30th) or something to that effect, so you will keep coming back and seeing what's new. It's their way of giving you a good selection but putting new stuff in and taking old stuff out.

This is all very true. But my point in this specific instance with Hulu is this. As things were, Hulu charged X for all their content. Y was their premium tier. Well now Z is their premium tier and things you could see at level Y you no longer can unless you pay for Z (which of course costs considerably more). So as you sit at tier Y, you get to pay a new higher fee AND you have less to watch because many things were moved to tier Z.

Now Hulu is free to do any of this. I do not begrudge any company for trying to make profit in an honest fashion. However, I am also (as a consumer) free to complain about their changes and or cease my service because of said changes.

The streaming market is in a huge state of flux right now and I think you will continue to see many radical changes in offerings and prices. It will settle down in a few years time I suspect. Every provider thought they would make bank off streaming their content exclusively and I think overtime they will find that is not the case and things will collapse back down.

This is all very true. But my point in this specific instance with Hulu is this. As things were, Hulu charged X for all their content. Y was their premium tier. Well now Z is their premium tier and things you could see at level Y you no longer can unless you pay for Z (which of course costs considerably more). So as you sit at tier Y, you get to pay a new higher fee AND you have less to watch because many things were moved to tier Z.

Now Hulu is free to do any of this. I do not begrudge any company for trying to make profit in an honest fashion. However, I am also (as a consumer) free to complain about their changes and or cease my service because of said changes.

The streaming market is in a huge state of flux right now and I think you will continue to see many radical changes in offerings and prices. It will settle down in a few years time I suspect. Every provider thought they would make bank off streaming their content exclusively and I think overtime they will find that is not the case and things will collapse back down.
If something new and great comes out they all fight for an exclusive on that movie or episode program. This is why most of the big guys are producing their own content, exclusive to that provider.

If something new and great comes out they all fight for an exclusive on that movie or episode program. This is why most of the big guys are producing their own content, exclusive to that provider.

The interesting thing about that is (in my personal opinion) most of the provider produced content is not very good (Netflix has more garbage content than a landfill) . Although that seems to be more the case with the actual providers who are streaming companies. The content companies who just happen to do streaming have much better content but then their access to it sucks because their apps will stink. It makes for a really interesting environment. But again I think the changes will slow and things will collapse back down when the content makers realize they make as much or more without the headache of trying to also be a streaming company.

Awesome discussion either way though.

The interesting thing about that is (in my personal opinion) most of the provider produced content is not very good (Netflix has more garbage content than a landfill) . Although that seems to be more the case with the actual providers who are streaming companies. The content companies who just happen to do streaming have much better content but then their access to it sucks because their apps will stink.

yeah, i agree. netflix originals are mostly trash tier, same goes for hulu. hbo imo is the only one that can make a mistake and create quality original content. i retract that. hbo has more than one mistake when it comes to their original content. more like mistakes, plural. sopranos, veep, silicon valley, true detective, game of thrones, the brink (if you havent seen this one, i highly recommend it although it got cancelled after only one season, which is one of the biggest crimes in recent tv history imo).

Thanks. I didn’t realize that. That really helps. I have Hulu free due to my cell phone provider. I wouldn’t pay for it otherwise. But there’s a few decent shows on there. Would have enjoyed having King Of Queens on my Plex instead of Hulu, but not likely at the expense of paying extra. What’s up with all these providers creating tiered plans where you pay for their service, then pay even more for the rest of the features?! [Gives shifty eye at AS].

I just signed up for the Live TV trial..King of Queens is available but you don't get all the episodes. All that's available for me to download is 2 episodes from S1 and a handful from S8. Womp Womp. I already have them all but was wondering why some of the shows I wanted like Ink Master were blank.

The interesting thing about that is (in my personal opinion) most of the provider produced content is not very good (Netflix has more garbage content than a landfill) . Although that seems to be more the case with the actual providers who are streaming companies. The content companies who just happen to do streaming have much better content but then their access to it sucks because their apps will stink. It makes for a really interesting environment. But again I think the changes will slow and things will collapse back down when the content makers realize they make as much or more without the headache of trying to also be a streaming company.

Awesome discussion either way though.
Netflix has some pretty good stuff but everybody likes something different. I really enjoyed Ozark , Breaking bad , and many others, sure you can find stuff that you do not like, but everyones tastes are so different. I think Netflix is great because it’s got a little bit of everything for everyone

I just signed up for the Live TV trial..King of Queens is available but you don't get all the episodes. All that's available for me to download is 2 episodes from S1 and a handful from S8. Womp Womp. I already have them all but was wondering why some of the shows I wanted like Ink Master were blank.

yeah, bummer. maybe the show is available thru the networks standalone app. where was it aired originally?

Back