• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Minor AnyDVD Install Bugs

nullack

Anydvd has various install bugs on Vista x64.

1. Missing the anydvd icon in the install panel
2. Both clonedvd and anydvd do not report the version number properly

Hoping these minor bugs can be fixed in the next release.

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    18 KB · Views: 59
Can't see anything on that little, tiny picture.

But I'm getting the point...

Please PM an email address / ftp credential or similar and I'll send a high res one to you. Your forum software has limitations on attachments. Or, if you know a decent img dump on the web that isnt full of time restrictions / mandatory registrations / ads Ill dump it there.

Please PM an email address / ftp credential or similar and I'll send a high res one to you. Your forum software has limitations on attachments. Or, if you know a decent img dump on the web that isnt full of time restrictions / mandatory registrations / ads Ill dump it there.

You merely need to .zip the file.

1. Missing the anydvd icon in the install panel

O.k., I can reproduce this.

Both clonedvd and anydvd do not report the version number properly

How can I verify this? Where are you checking? There is no requirement for the "name" field to display a version number.

Last edited:
Adding the version number to the package just makes managing clonedvd/anydvd easier.

See attached zip

Attachments

• bug.zip
    224.7 KB · Views: 11
Mine has the icon, and I have lots of other software that doesn't put the version number in either

Mine has the icon, and I have lots of other software that doesn't put the version number in either

Are you on Vista x64?

As for the second bug, why make it worse with the excuse that other software does it too? Better to fix it.

nice to have - period

Hi

The fact that a version does not show in that list is not really a show-stopper and is considered a "nice to have", obviously for many providers.

SlySoft does a dynamic version check which is a nice bonus most providers do not have. i.e. we do a version compare and notify you when a newer version id available. In end effect, no news = good news, you're up to date. :D

When in doubt, two mouse clicks in any product gets you the version number.
One click on http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html and there are the "current" version numbers. ;)

Let's agree that concentrating on problems and staying a step ahead of the movie mafia are better targets for our resources, not cosmetics.

Yes, I agree. This is why I have put it as *minor*. There should not be any major time involved in fixing these bugs - it should be straightforward - if not, then its probably time to change installer toolkits anyway. In fact last time I reported bugs about where James was uneccesarily keeping info in the roaming user profile he fixed it more or less on the spot.

I have Vista 64 ultimate and have neither of those problems.

I tried to reproduce and still the same thing. I can see the version # and I can see the fox icon.

I have Vista 64 ultimate and have neither of those problems.

I tried to reproduce and still the same thing. I can see the version # and I can see the fox icon.

You guys are in dire need of looking at the screenshot. He's looking in the uninstall program list.

attachment.php

No. It doesn't. Not in the uninstall program list.
That's where I'm looking, and Mine has the icon, maybe it's because I don't have SP1 installed or something, but mine definitely has the Icon there

That's where I'm looking, and Mine has the icon, maybe it's because I don't have SP1 installed or something, but mine definitely has the Icon there

That's weird. I am using Vista 64 bit ultimate SP1 and Anydvd 6.4.4.0. I definitely don't see the icon on two different computers.

That said, I hardly consider this to be a showstopper.

That's weird. I am using Vista 64 bit ultimate SP1 and Anydvd 6.4.4.0. I definitely don't see the icon on two different computers.

That said, I hardly consider this to be a showstopper.

ok I see that in the uninstall list. As you stated, I hardly consider this a real problem.

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit & AnyDVD 6.4.4.0:

The version is blank but there is the AnyDVD icon.

Back