• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Microsoft XP

As XP is the 2nd most popular operating system in use today, Microsoft would only be shooting themselves in the foot by ditching support for this Security Essentials thing.

In addition to the free SE, there's still plenty more free alternatives solutions for XP users to turn to.

Last edited:
after reaching the last page of installing Microsoft Security Essentials the program wanted me to un-install my current anti-malware programs (conflicts) and I said "no way" and removed Microsoft Security Essentials.:)
That is absolutely normal with antivirus programs (or antimalware programs that include AV), not just MSSE, Avast and/or Malwarebytes; Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, and just about all other AV programs have the same restriction. Even if you're just "testing" another AV, you'll have to uninstall your existing AV while "testing" it. That's why I don't recommend that kind of testing unless absolutely necessary (i.e., you have viruses that got past your old AV); I use MSSE myself (with Win7, not XP), but if you're happy with Avast or Malwarebytes you're better off sticking with it.

Back