• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Microsoft Defender just marked AnyDVD as a Trojan

thomaspf

Hi,

I started up my machine this morning and got a warning message that defender has identified malware and will disable it. When I looked int he history it identified anyDVD carrying a remote control Trojan. Virus signatures are 1.225.1751.0

Suggestions?

Cheers

Thomas

I am confused ... is this the moved version? Or is this the original? If it is the original, should the be a link to the moved one?

I just had the same issue. I attached the messages ... it specifically points out the uninstall file as the Trojan.

Attachments

• MSDefender_AnyDVD_trojan_7-17-2016 5-29-45 AM.png
    MSDefender_AnyDVD_trojan_7-17-2016 5-29-45 AM.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 29
  • MSDefender_AnyDVD_trojan_7-17-2016 5-32-28 AM.png
    MSDefender_AnyDVD_trojan_7-17-2016 5-32-28 AM.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 29
The moved version, the original gets changed to a 24h redirect.

I have MSE and have no problem. So what version of Defender are you using?

I saw it flagged as a virus by MSE last week. Then after a signatures update it was OK. Then the next day and another signatures update it was flagged AGAIN. So for now, I've just excluded the RedFox install dir from MSE interference...

When MSE flagged it as a virus, I tested the file via virustotal and it said it was OK.

I saw it flagged as a virus by MSE last week. Then after a signatures update it was OK. Then the next day and another signatures update it was flagged AGAIN. So for now, I've just excluded the RedFox install dir from MSE interference...

When MSE flagged it as a virus, I tested the file via virustotal and it said it was OK.
There is no virus. Either your setting is so tight that everything is flagged. I left mine by default and it works fine.

There aren't really settings (or tension adjustments!) in Windows Defender (W10) - just luck (?!) of the draw as to which virus signatures you happen to auto-update to and when. The only way to stop the beastie is to tell it to ignore things - and provide feedback to MS to stop them 'fixing' their signature files again :)

Back