• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Message pops up drive not ready

I went to website you linked to and followed the uninstall of the sony/bmg rootkit but the burner still dosnt copy movies. It still gives me the same error message FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 428032 526336. This time I made sure the disc had no scratches on it. In fact the movie has never been watched. Do you think the problem is with the burner and not the disc that Im using?

Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Try the same thing in another drive. Do you still get read errors?

The thing is I only have one dvd burner on my computer the other drive is just a cd burner. Thats why I need to copy the movie to my external hard drive and copy from there. Do you think that might be part of the problem? Ive tried several different disc and I get the same thing with each one. And all but one disc has come up fine with nero cd/dvd speed. I also just bought the dvd burner so I dont think it optical is drive dying.

The thing is I only have one dvd burner on my computer the other drive is just a cd burner. Thats why I need to copy the movie to my external hard drive and copy from there. Do you think that might be part of the problem? Ive tried several different disc and I get the same thing with each one. And all but one disc has come up fine with nero cd/dvd speed. I also just bought the dvd burner so I dont think it optical is drive dying.
You do not need to copy them to an external HDD first. You can use the computer drive to temporarily store them, and then remove the movie and insert a blank DVD.

It still gives me the same error message FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 428032 526336.

What program is giving you this error message? Anydvd ripper? That error generally indicates a bad original disc:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4666

Other than properly removing the Sony rootkit, checking to ensure you're using standard busmaster drivers, and ensuring your cable on the back on the drive isn't bad I'm out of ideas.

Last edited:
The thing is I only have one dvd burner on my computer the other drive is just a cd burner.

That doesn't matter. Clonedvd will finish reading the original disc, eject it, and prompt you to put in blank media.

I checked to make sure that the sony rootkit wasent still listed and its not their anymore. I did step 2 and updated the ide busmasters driver. Still no luck the fileIO error comes up when I use anyDVD ripper, cloneDVD and nero. Ive checked the disc to make sure theres no scratchs on them and there fine. This is what cloneDVD is giving me File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 1117 TCSectorReader. If you come up with any thing let me know thanks for your help with this.

Being that I have just recently purchased this drive Im going to return it and get a different one all I can think of is that maybe its a faulty drive ill let you know how things go with the new one. Thanks again.

I went to website you linked to and followed the uninstall of the sony/bmg rootkit but the burner still dosnt copy movies. It still gives me the same error message FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 428032 526336. This time I made sure the disc had no scratches on it. In fact the movie has never been watched. Do you think the problem is with the burner and not the disc that Im using?

I think I had the same problem, how much space do you have left on your hard drive? It might be saying that you don't have enough disk space to keep the files.

I returned my old burner and got a new one everything is working fine now thanks to all that offered there advice

Back