• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Message pops up drive not ready

acidbrn

I need help trying to rip 300 the movie to my extranel hard drive. But when I go to the AnyDVD ripper it tells me the drives not ready. Any advice thanxs.

I made sure to reboot after the install but it stills tells me drive not ready. Im currently usins the latest trial version of anydvd. As far as burning applications I have installed are nero 7 and cloneDVD 4.0. My copy of 300 is region 1. My burner is a sony DVD RW DRU 830A region 1, and my computer is running XP with SP2

I made sure to reboot after the install but it stills tells me drive not ready. Im currently usins the latest trial version of anydvd. As far as burning applications I have installed are nero 7 and cloneDVD 4.0. My copy of 300 is region 1. My burner is a sony DVD RW DRU 830A region 1, and my computer is running XP with SP2
CloneDVD 4.0? That must not be from Elby then. The latest from Elby is 2.9.1.1.

Your right bout clonedvd. I uninstalled it and switched to using clone CD. And it says its copying the movie to my harddrive but the log keeps scrolling saying failed to read sector. Does that mean its not copying the files?

He meant use the correct CloneDVD program. Download the correct CloneDVD and use that.

CloneCD is having the problems you mentioned because you need AnyDVD to remove the protections of the DVD first. If you wish to use CloneCD, make sure AnyDVD is running in the background and is enabled.

Both CloneCD and CloneDVD need AnyDVD to properly rip to the hard drive.

I downloaded cloneDVD 2.9.1.1 when I go to select the drive that contains the movie it says that it wont copy the movie due to copy right. I have the latest AnyDVD running but its not removing the copy right. What should I try?

I downloaded cloneDVD 2.9.1.1 when I go to select the drive that contains the movie it says that it wont copy the movie due to copy right. I have the latest AnyDVD running but its not removing the copy right. What should I try?
You need to have AnyDVD running with the disc in before you open CloneDVD. It doesn't sound like you are doing this since I had the same problem before. Additionally, we could use more information.

Post the AnyDVD window with the problematic disc inserted. Just copy and paste.

1. Uninstall the ripoff product called Clonedvd 4

2. Do steps 3 and 4 from here (note that step 4 requires you to post information): http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

3. Do you have any other decryption programs on your system?

I uninstalled the ripoff. And I nolonger have any other decryption software on my computer other than anydvd. I used to have DVD Fab.
Did step three and four
4.lower-ElbyDelay ElbyCDFL Anydvdpfc
upper-GEARAspiWDM

Also when I go to select AnyDVD to rip the disc to my harddrive I get this
FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 428032 526336
I get that trying to copy the movie Ergo Proxy

You need to have AnyDVD running with the disc in before you open CloneDVD. It doesn't sound like you are doing this since I had the same problem before. Additionally, we could use more information.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.9)
SONY DVD RW DRU-830A SS25 DEC18 ,2006
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1884992 sectors (3681 MBytes)
Total size: 3632336 sectors (7094 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ERGO_PROXY_VOL_01
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 1 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I uninstalled the ripoff. And I nolonger have any other decryption software on my computer other than anydvd. I used to have DVD Fab.
Did step three and four
4.lower-ElbyDelay ElbyCDFL Anydvdpfc
upper-GEARAspiWDM

Also when I go to select AnyDVD to rip the disc to my harddrive I get this
FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 428032 526336
I get that trying to copy the movie Ergo Proxy

1. Do this: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330
2. Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).
3. There is a bug in Anydvd 6.1.6.9. You may want to wait for the next update.

Ive tried several different movies to see if any of them would copy and they all pop up with FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 428032 526336 or something similar. I downloaded the nero cd/dvd speed. And checked the first movie I tried copying the Ergo Proxy. The disc wasent in the best shape so tried a movie that had scratches or smudges on it. But still the same error code pops up and its with the updated anydvd 6.1.7.0

Ive tried several different movies to see if any of them would copy and they all pop up with FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 428032 526336 or something similar. I downloaded the nero cd/dvd speed. And checked the first movie I tried copying the Ergo Proxy. The disc wasent in the best shape so tried a movie that had scratches or smudges on it. But still the same error code pops up and its with the updated anydvd 6.1.7.0

I strongly suspect you have bad original discs.

1. Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you into your next post

2. Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

3. a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: Pfc
Lower Class Filter: ElbyCDFL
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Device Filter: imapi
Lower Device Filter: $sys$crater

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
File Version: 2.0.6.1
File Description: CD/DVD Class Filter Driver
Product Name: GEAR.wrks
Product Version: 8.xx [2.0.6.1]
Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (c) GEAR Software Inc. 2006

Filter Name: Pfc
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pfc.sys
File Version: 2, 5, 0, 204 [2.5.0.204]
File Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Product Name: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Product Version: 2, 5, 0, 204 [2.5.0.204]
Company Name: Padus, Inc.
Copyright: (C) Padus, Inc. 1999-2001. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: ElbyCDFL
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyCDFL.sys
File Version: 5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
File Description: ElbyCDIO Filter Driver
Product Name: CloneCD
Product Version: 5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.1.7.0
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.1.7.0
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2007 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: ElbyDelay
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

Filter Name: imapi
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: $sys$crater
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

And heres the info from anydvd
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.0)

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

Bad sector protection not found.

Filter Name: $sys$crater
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

You appear to have the Sony/BMG rootkit on your system!

visit http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/xcp_drm.shtml

And heres the info from anydvd
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.0)

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

Bad sector protection not found.

This disc has so little protection on it that dvdshrink could handle this disc without Anydvd. Unless the Sony rootkit on your system is causing problems, you have a bad original disk.

You appear to have the Sony/BMG rootkit on your system!

visit http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/xcp_drm.shtml

This disc has so little protection on it that dvdshrink could handle this disc without Anydvd. Unless the Sony rootkit on your system is causing problems, you have a bad original disk.
That's what I feared when I saw it but I was unsure, though I knew you would know. Yikes!

I went to website you linked to and followed the uninstall of the sony/bmg rootkit but the burner still dosnt copy movies. It still gives me the same error message FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 428032 526336. This time I made sure the disc had no scratches on it. In fact the movie has never been watched. Do you think the problem is with the burner and not the disc that Im using?

I went to website you linked to and followed the uninstall of the sony/bmg rootkit but the burner still dosnt copy movies. It still gives me the same error message FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 428032 526336. This time I made sure the disc had no scratches on it. In fact the movie has never been watched. Do you think the problem is with the burner and not the disc that Im using?
It's possible. Other discs work right?

Back