• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Merging Multiple Dvds

Indyrod

I have that remastered 3 dvd Titanic set, and not sure how to do, what I want. What I want, is to backup just the movie on two discs, which I've all ready done, and now I want to backup all the extras that are across all three original discs, onto one or two other discs, depending on the size of the multiple extras. There's probably an easy way to do that, but I've never tried it before. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks...

You need a disk authoring tool. A paid program like VideoReDo can handle this task. FreeMake Video Converter (freeware) might, You can add files then burn a dvd (haven't tried it myself - I use V'redo)

You need a disk authoring tool. A paid program like VideoReDo can handle this task. FreeMake Video Converter (freeware) might, You can add files then burn a dvd (haven't tried it myself - I use V'redo)

I've used Freemake and it does make a decent DVD structure from individual video files, you can even make a very crude menu system. It isn't the best looking menu setup but it has the advantage of being free and does work as advertised.

firstly, I'm talking about regular dvds not BD. not exactly sure how to use DVD Shrink to do this, since I have to rip just the extras from three different discs. I can rip each disc and select just the extras I want, but unless I'm missing something, I will then have three dvd structures on my hd, so I guess I have to figure out how to merge those three, into one so I can then burn it to probably a single dvd.

As already mentioned, VideoRedo can do this job for you. ;)

As already mentioned, VideoRedo can do this job for you. ;)

thanks, yea I saw it, but I was trying to figure it out with the software I all ready have, like Dvd Shrink, and a whole package of other audio/video software. I'll check out VideoReDo, but I've never used it, or even heard of it. :doh:

If you have CloneDVDMobile, you can select individual files and extract to vob or mpg using the "pass-thru" settings. You might want this app for TV series DVD's to get 1 file for each show. VideoReDo is used by those of us using TV tuners and pvr software to remove the commercials. I use CDVDmobile on tv episodes, it's easier than splitting out each episode in VRD.

firstly, I'm talking about regular dvds not BD. not exactly sure how to use DVD Shrink to do this, since I have to rip just the extras from three different discs. I can rip each disc and select just the extras I want, but unless I'm missing something, I will then have three dvd structures on my hd, so I guess I have to figure out how to merge those three, into one so I can then burn it to probably a single dvd.

If you like DVD Shrink to do your reauthoring, just feed it with the DVD folder/files on your hdd and extras you want,
then browse to next DVD folder/files and selecting the extras and so on.
Change the play order by using moving up or down arrows button.
Here's an old guide how to reauthor main movie/episodes/extras:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=12975

DVD Shrink is an very old but still excellent little tool for DVD's!

If you like DVD Shrink to do your reauthoring, just feed it with the DVD folder/files on your hdd and extras you want,
then browse to next DVD folder/files and selecting the extras and so on.
Change the play order by using moving up or down arrows button.
Here's an old guide how to reauthor main movie/episodes/extras:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=12975

DVD Shrink is an very old but still excellent little tool for DVD's!

thank you, and I figured out that way to do it, with the Anydvd rip to HD for all three discs. and then stack them in Dvd Shrink, which I've never done. got some other software that after I looked, should do the job too. I'll give it a whirl soon.

well crap, I couldn't figure out how to use Dvd Shrink to rip special features from two Rip to HD folders, and then combine them into one. when I open the first one, of course I see what I want to backup but then opening the second folder wipes away the first one, and I don't see anyway of getting around that. looks like Dvd Shrink to me, only allows one dvd or dvd hd folder at a time. I just said screw it, and used two blanks, that's the easiest solution with the cheap cost of dvd-rs. and I didn't want additional software for this probably one time task. :(

well crap, I couldn't figure out how to use Dvd Shrink to rip special features from two Rip to HD folders, and then combine them into one. when I open the first one, of course I see what I want to backup but then opening the second folder wipes away the first one, and I don't see anyway of getting around that. looks like Dvd Shrink to me, only allows one dvd or dvd hd folder at a time. I just said screw it, and used two blanks, that's the easiest solution with the cheap cost of dvd-rs. and I didn't want additional software for this probably one time task. :(

Step by step:

First DVD
In DVD Shrink click "Re-author" button
Use "DVD Browser" tab and open first DVD folder
Select the "Title" / "Titles" you want and drag and drop it/them to left window "DVD Structure"
Use "Move Up" or "Move Down" arrow buttons to change play order.
Don't close DVD Shrink, just leave the above settings.

Second DVD
In DVD Shrink click "Re-author" button
Use "DVD Browser" tab and open second DVD folder
Select the "Title" / "Titles" you want and drag and drop it/them to left window "DVD Structure"
Use "Move Up" or "Move Down" arrow buttons to change play order.

(You can add more DVD folders if needed.)

Hit the "Backup" button
In new window select
"Target Device"---> "Select backup target" ---> "Hard Disk Folder" ---> "Select target folder for DVD output files:
click "Browse" button and point to where you want to save your compilation

Thats it, works very well!
Of course you can click "Compressing Settings" tab and choose to keep or remove any audio and subtitles in any title.
You can also trim any title by rightclicking any title and "Set Start/End frames..." and also "Set Default Streams..."
If needed you can compress your compilation, DVD Shrink has an really good encoder if compression is kept in an reasonably ratio, not below 80% - 75%.
DVD media is so cheap these days so no need to compress in my opinion.

regards

thank you, that will be a project for me today. :rock:

Back