Merge AS audio with captured video

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by NutFlush920, Sep 6, 2021.

1. NutFlush920

NutFlush920 Well-Known Member

Does anyone use AS to download from Disney or Hulu then use a capture device to record that same movie in 1080P and merge the better audio from the AS download with the better video quality recorded to accomplish 1080P with 5.1 audio?

If so is it easy and inexpensive?

I love AS but really want only 1080P content and sadly my capture device only dies 2 Channel audio capture. So my options right now areā€¦

A) Download with AS in 720P and surround sound
    or
    B) Capture with my device in 1080P and 2 channel audio

I want the best of both so wondering if what I wanna do is even possible or worth it vs just paying Amazon to rent the movie and getting it on 1080P in AS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

It's not as easy as you may think. While possible (but i dont do it) it's not easily done. If the framerate doesn't match > subtitles may be off, if you don't have the EXACT frame length between video and audio > lipsync problems

3. DannyBoi

DannyBoi Well-Known Member

its easy because i do that, u need to audio sync the video to the audio its easy when u know how (google it)

4. NutFlush920

NutFlush920 Well-Known Member

Got it figured out. Not horrible to do actually Just need to have patience to sync up the audio to the video.

Thanks DannyBoi for the guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyBoi likes this.
  5. DannyBoi

DannyBoi Well-Known Member

Welcome

6. fretzke

fretzke Member

Just out of curiosity, how do you capture the video? Do you run a screen recorder while playing the video on your PC in full screen? Because if you do so, you're recording an upscaled 720p video which would actually be of worse quality than a 720p stream recorded directly with AS.

Recording with screen capture for a higher resolution only makes sense if you have an external video source running the proprietary disney app. Like let's say an Xbox and a capturing device hooked to the hdmi cable. Of course than again much depends on the compression capabilities of your capturing device or you could very likely end up with clunky video from a disproportionally large file.