• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Menu/chapter/movie Freezing.

jes.jr

First of all, I've been a registered user for years and have used Anydvd and Clonedvd2 to store over 1300 of my movies on hard drives to watch with Windows Media Center in my home. Thank you. In December of 2013 I started having problems getting copies that play reliably. When played, they either display a black screen or freeze at the main menu when an option is selected. If I strip it down to the main movie without menus preserved it sometimes plays but usually locks up at some point. This includes new releases and old titles. I always update my software as soon as notified. The movies are copied without a problem in usually 15 minutes or less without error. I have tried Anydvd alone and also Clonedvd2. I will get one out of every 10 or so that work flawless but after copying over 1200 without a hitch, I know something is up. I've tried multiple PC's, multiple copy's of the same movie without luck. Out of the last 50 or so I copyied, only a handfull work. Recently I have used the movie Flight as a test movie to help me correct the problem and have included the log file. Thank You for any help, Joe

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.6.0_Info_E_FLIGHT.zip
    679.8 KB · Views: 3
Two things:

1) This is a DVD, not a Blu-ray disc, so you should have posted this topic in the AnyDVD forum not in the AnyDVD (HD) forum. A mod can move this thread if they want, so not a biggie. :)

2) From your log:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 7.1.6.0, BDPHash.bin 13-03-04-A)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GE24LU20 OL00 000312109VB6EF1220
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Your drive's region code is NOT set, you need to set it because the DVD is CSS protected and that could be the source of your problem. Hawk has a very good quick tutorial on how to change your drive's region, please read this.

After you change the region code creating and uploading a new log file will would be helpful, especially if you are still having problems.

Hoping setting the drive's region fixing your problem and waiting for a response back. :)

Thanks for the response! That log was from a different PC with an external drive I use for troubleshooting. I checked my server PC that I copy 99.99 percent of my movies on and it was already set for region 1 . Same results with both machines anyway. Will include a log from the server PC here anyway.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.6.0_Info_D_FLIGHT.zip
    660.9 KB · Views: 3
Ok, now that you've got a log file from a different machine hang tight until the devs have a chance to look at your logs and see what might be the problem. :)

Thanks for the log files, it really helps us help you.

I've made progress. I tried to figure out what all the failed copy's have in common. They are all on the same hard drive! I copied Flight onto my OS drive and it plays perfect! I have 7 movie drives total, all these failed movies being on the most recent drive I installed. Bad drive? Bad Port? Too many drives on one machine? I run 10 WMC PC's thru a wired network with all the movies on one PC. I am still scratching my head though. I have 63 movies on this newest drive and about a dozen are unaffected. The "bad" movies play fine for the most part as long as I use DVDClone2 to remove the menus. Totally random. I have been using WMC in place of set top boxes for years, 2 HD homerun network tuners, 2 large drives for DVR and of course the movies. I may have hit a snag in a perfect system. Will try swapping drives ect. tomorrow and report back.

Good work

Regardless, this is hardly an AnyDVD problem.

It looks like you have narrowed this down to a hardware issue.
Nice work.

Update. Bought a new 3TB drive to replace the one I thought was bad. Same problem. Looks as though Windows 7 or Windows Media Center has a problem with movies on drives greater than 2TB. I have a 3TB DVR drive that works fine tho. The way these movies react on 3TB drives would indicate that it was a failed copy but it is surely not. If I transfer a file from a 3TB to one of my 2TB drives, no problem. Just an FYI to people out there having problems with movies on larger drives. May partition or may just return for another 2TB model.

Solution: internal 3TB drive, no problems. External 3TB, problems. A quick google search shows the USB interface on externals is the culprit here. So stay with 2TB and under externals or internal only with WMC. Hope this helps others troubleshoot.

Back