• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Meet the Robinsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried this. It seems to work. I did not watch the entire disc again, but it plays through the part that was messed up before.

Vortec MAX

O.k., then the backup should work as well if you create one with the A.I. scanner disabled.

My original plays fine on my PC (scene 15 to 16) and so does a mounted Decrypter image (created with AnyDVD 6184 default settings running) - haven't tried a backup yet....
Edit:
I did a backup using CloneDVD 2192 from a Decrypter image (created with AnyDVD 6184 running for both, default settings - AI Scanner Very Fast) and there is no problem with the scene transition from 15 to 16 (with AnyDVD off while playing). Will try Shrink also later.
Edit 2:
Shrink (without AnyDVD running) as expected cannot find the main movie - it is unreferenced material. With AnyDVD 6184 (AI Scanner at default) it takes a long time to analyze (6 minutes instead of less than 2) but now finds the correct structure and is currently backing up from the original.

Last edited:
Webslinger: Does this mean with AI Scanner off we can also use Decrypter or Shrink on this title (you mentioned earlier not use them)?

I still would recommend using Anydvd ripper first with the A.I. scanner disabled. Then import that rip from Anydvd ripper into Shrink. That's the safest method if you're going to use Shrink with this specific disc.

Last edited:
I ripped it with 6.1.8.4 (at defaults) and Shrink. All I get is a 2-3 second skip-over as it goes from Chapter 15 to chapter 16 at 1:02. About 4 words of dialog are missing - but OK other than that - no jumping back or anything.

-W

I ripped it with 6.1.8.4 (at defaults) and Shrink. All I get is a 2-3 second skip-over as it goes from Chapter 15 to chapter 16 at 1:02. About 4 words of dialog are missing - but OK other than that - no jumping back or anything.

-W

Disable the A.I. scanner with this disc and Anydvd 6.1.8.4. I firmly believe there's a bug with 6.1.8.4 and this disc when the scanner is enabled.

Last edited:
I tried this. It seems to work. I did not watch the entire disc again, but it plays through the part that was messed up before.

Vortec MAX

This is only my second post and I have used only Slysoft products and so I tried turning off the AI scanner for this movie and worked perfectly. Just wanted to say thanks alot to everyone. I have had the any dvd and clone dvd for about three years with know complaints. and now going to purchase mobile clone

Dale

This is only my second post and I have used only Slysoft products and so I tried turning off the AI scanner for this movie and worked perfectly.

Anydvd 6.1.8.4 has some bugs in it. Disable the A.I. scanner for this disc, but otherwise keep the scanner at default (unless you experience issues).

I did a backup using CloneDVD 2192 from a Decrypter image

Why would anyone even bother doing that? Just have Anydvd running in the background with the AI scanner disabled and directly load the disc in Clonedvd. I don't even have Decrypter on my system(s). I can't even think of a reason why I'd want to.

Last edited:
Anydvd 6.1.8.4 has some bugs in it. Disable the A.I. scanner for this disc, but otherwise keep the scanner at default (unless you experience issues).

of course I always keep my settings at the defaule mode this is the first time I ever changed them and once done returned them back to default mode

Why would anyone even bother doing that? Just have Anydvd running in the background with the AI scanner disabled and directly load the disc in Clonedvd. I don't even have Decrypter on my system(s). I can't even think of a reason why I'd want to.
Well, even though you may not, I have a reason for using Decrypter, so do others or they wouldn't be asking about it :doh: AI Scanner did NOT have to be disabled for Decrypter to create a good image. I thought the object of the exercise was to see if that was the problem (the AI Scanner).
FWIW I also used DVDShrink just to see what the result would be with AI Scanner enabled but the resulting files were unable to be read by CloneDVD 2192 as shown in the attached image. However, the files can be played directly from the hard disk with the same slight pause at the scene 15 to 16 transition reported earlier.

Attachments

• meet_the_robinsons_us.jpg
    meet_the_robinsons_us.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Well, even though you may not, I have a reason for using Decrypter,

which is?

so do others or they wouldn't be asking about it

I suggest most simply don't know any better. In fact, Decrypter is completely useless with discs with newer protections (Blade--House of Chthon comes to mind).

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=59610&postcount=171
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=59611&postcount=172
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=59817&postcount=176

AI Scanner did NOT have to be disabled for Decrypter to create a good image.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would bother using Decrypter with Anydvd (except possibly to retain original layer break information with .isos--but most here aren't burning to +R DL, and it would simply be more effective to use Clonecd or Imgburn)

I thought the object of the exercise was to see if that was the problem (the AI Scanner).

We've already established what the problem is.

Last edited:
FWIW I also used DVDShrink just to see what the result would be with AI Scanner enabled but the resulting files were unable to be read by CloneDVD 2192 as shown in the attached image.

As I stated before, you need to use Anydvd ripper first with the A.I. scanner disabled--and then import that rip into Shrink.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would bother using Decrypter with Anydvd (except possibly to retain original layer break information with .isos--but most here aren't burning to +R DL, and it would simply be more effective to use Clonecd or Imgburn, which are the programs I use)
Well, we all know we need AnyDVD to get a good ISO. If you have a couple of terabytes of disk and several children then you can understand that ISO's mean that they never have to touch (aka scratch, break or otherwise cost-me-money) the originals. Not everyone does backups on physical media only.

You may be right that 6184 has a bug, but if DVDDecrypter can produce a good image without AI Scanner being disabled then maybe conclusions are being jumped to. I was just trying to help by testing, but it seems that I got flamed instead. Too bad, so sad, as my kids would say. I've used AnyDVD and CloneDVD since the beginning, but that doesn't mean that I think other solutions are to be dismissed out of hand (although I do understand that they are not supported in the official forum).

We've already established what the problem is.
So no need to bother any further.

Well, we all know we need AnyDVD to get a good ISO. If you have a couple of terabytes of disk and several children then you can understand that ISO's mean that they never have to touch (aka scratch, break or otherwise cost-me-money) the originals. Not everyone does backups on physical media only.

Again, you're going to run into problems with other protections if you use Decrypter. If you want to build an .iso, rip first with Anydvd ripper and then use Imgburn. Moreover, you don't need to touch physical media if you're simply ripping to video/dvd files, regardless. If you just want to watch a movie on your computer, it's simple enough to rip with Clonedvd or Anydvd ripper and watch the rip by selecting the appropriate folder as the source. You can also create .isos with Clonedvd (however the original layer break information is removed, but that doesn't matter if you're watching an .iso on your computer).

You may be right that 6184 has a bug, but if DVDDecrypter can produce a good image without AI Scanner being disabled then maybe conclusions are being jumped to.

Anydvd ripper needs to work with the A.I. scanner enabled. The fact that it doesn't work properly here points quite strongly to a bug.
But you could be right.

I was just trying to help by testing, but it seems that I got flamed instead.

I wasn't flaming you. If I were, I would be blatant about it.

I've used AnyDVD and CloneDVD since the beginning

I don't use Clonedvd anymore, frankly--other than to help people.

but that doesn't mean that I think other solutions are to be dismissed out of hand

I don't use methods that don't work or don't make sense. If you want to use Shrink, use Anydvd ripper with the AI scanner disabled for this disc.

If you want to waste time, use Decrypter and then Clonedvd.

And if you want an example of where Decrypter is probably going to be useless, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=59610&postcount=171
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=59611&postcount=172
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=59817&postcount=176
(and that's not the only disc)

Last edited:
i just wanna repeat myself again with what i already said in this post, maybe some others might wanna try it that overlooked what i said. i copied the files from my disc with the AI scanner ON deep scan. it pops up the same window info in anydvd thats already posted in this thread. i copied the files by copying and pasting the files from the disc to my HD thru explorer. i then used dvd rebuilder to encode the movie. at chapter 15 and 16 there is no pause or any going back to the beginning of the movie. it just moves along smoothly. which leads me to believe part of the problem may be with the encoders that r being used. dvd rebuilder is alot more thorough and higher quality output than shrink and clonedvd. dvd rebuilder, since its a true encoder program, might possibly be takin out the prob that other transcoders arent taking out.

:doh:

*sigh*

Can someone do me a favour please?

1) Watch the original disc with Anydvd running in the background with the A.I. scanner enabled. Check for the problem in chapter 15.

2) Watch the original disc with Anydvd running in the background with the A.I. scanner disabled.

Is there a difference?

Last edited:
i just wanna repeat myself again with what i already said in this post, maybe some others might wanna try it that overlooked what i said. i copied the files from my disc with the AI scanner ON deep scan. it pops up the same window info in anydvd thats already posted in this thread. i copied the files by copying and pasting the files from the disc to my HD thru explorer. i then used dvd rebuilder to encode the movie. at chapter 15 and 16 there is no pause or any going back to the beginning of the movie. it just moves along smoothly. which leads me to believe part of the problem may be with the encoders that r being used. dvd rebuilder is alot more thorough and higher quality output than shrink and clonedvd. dvd rebuilder, since its a true encoder program, might possibly be takin out the prob that other transcoders arent taking out.

Actually, no. I don't believe this is the issue. The difference is that you dragged and dropped files, and Anydvd ripper does not produce the same output as dragging and dropping files in explorer. It seems unlikely to me this issue has anything to do with the transcoder.

Last edited:
Webslinger: We seem to have gone astray here in our replies to each other, so lets forget about anything other than AnyDVD. I have used AI Scanner ON default and have had no problems with any of the created backups, whether they be CloneDVD, Decrypter, or Shrink (files created on disk) at the originally reported scene transition from 15 to 16 going back to the main menu.

If the AI Scanner is the problem then I (literally) cannot see it. I don't see any other reports of problems with this title and AnyDVD 6184 at the CDFreaks forum, either. :confused:

Webslinger: We seem to have gone astray here in our replies to each other

My apologies if I offended you. That wasn't my intent.

so lets forget about anything other than AnyDVD.

Can you do me a favour please?

1) Watch the original disc with Anydvd running in the background with the A.I. scanner enabled. Check for the problem in chapter 15.

2) Watch the original disc with Anydvd running in the background with the A.I. scanner disabled.

Is there a difference?

If the AI Scanner is the problem then I (literally) cannot see it.

And that is because you used Decrypter, with Anydvd running in the background. You did not do a direct disc import using Clonedvd (without decrypter).

Basically, I believe (strongly) the problem is limited to Anydvd ripper + A.I. scanner = problem
Clams would have used Anydvd ripper with the A.I. scanner enabled, and then imported into Shrink
The ripper in Anydvd uses some of the same code as Clonedvd. Other people complaining probably used Clonedvd with the A.I. scanner enabled in Anydvd.

Anydvd ripper is not the same as dragging and dropping files. Anydvd ripper does not transcode.

I don't see any other reports of problems with this title and AnyDVD 6184 at the CDFreaks forum, either.

That wouldn't suprise me really, as I don't see a high level of posting in that Anydvd forum.

Last edited:
Can someone do me a favour please?

Is there a difference?
No, there is no difference at all. Not even any audio hesitation. The scene transition is completely smooth. The AnyDVD report is the same in both cases:
With scanner enabled:

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1968512 sectors (3844 MBytes)
Total size: 3933163 sectors (7681 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MEET_THE_ROBINSONS_US
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

With scanner disabled:

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1968512 sectors (3844 MBytes)
Total size: 3933163 sectors (7681 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MEET_THE_ROBINSONS_US
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 3 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Doesn't look like an AnyDVD problem to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back