• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Medical DVD requests original disk in drive

gerolymatos

I am trying to make a copy of a medical DVD. The copy looks identical but when trying to run it it asks for "Please insert the learning systems disk and try again!" I tried Any DVD, Clone CD, and Clone DVD. Why cant it play with the copy that was created? Please help.

I am trying to make a copy of a medical DVD. The copy looks identical but when trying to run it it asks for "Please insert the learning systems disk and try again!" I tried Any DVD, Clone CD, and Clone DVD. Why cant it play with the copy that was created? Please help.

Where is the log file? And did you read the "Sticky" notes first???/

You are probably out of luck here. This is a software program with copy protection. GameJackal might help you (but I doubt it). AnyDVD and CloneDVD are for copying films.

You need to research the copy protection the disc uses. Depending on what the protection is there are other resources available to circumvent the protection. Doubtful anything that Slysoft/Elby creates will be of use.

Reading Please answer these questions before posting about games or protected discs would be a good start.

Edited to add:

As mike_r mentioned you could try Game Jackal Pro, it has a 21 day trial before you have to buy. If it doesn't work for you with this DVD no money lost.

Last edited:
I have tried to use programs that would tell me what protection the dvd has. They reported that there was no protection or could not identify it. What else can be done? What kind of DVD protection is this? Please help.

I have tried to use programs that would tell me what protection the dvd has. They reported that there was no protection or could not identify it. What else can be done? What kind of DVD protection is this? Please help.

We don't know the exact name of the DVD in question (probably not helpful), we don't have the physical disc (definitely helpful). You have both. You are more likely to discover what the protection is than anyone else here since you have the actual disc in your possession.

You are probably just plain out of luck; there are some discs that just can't be copied, ever. You will probably just have to purchase a second copy of the DVD for a backup, if you can.

The DVD in question is JCAHPO Learning Systems. Is there anything else i can try as far as pin point the cause? What could be on the DVD that is not being duplicated? Thanks in advance!

As mike_r has already said, CloneCD is for audio CD's, AnyDVD and CloneDVD are for Video DVD's. These discs look like they are interactive tutorial discs which are neither. Just to verify that it might be worth taking a look at the folder structure on the disc and posting a screenshot

Last edited:
... Is there anything else i can try as far as pin point the cause? What could be on the DVD that is not being duplicated? ...

Reverse the code and bypass the protection. This is off topic for this forum though ;)

Yes, this is an interactive learning dvd. I have attached a snapshot of the files that are on the dvd. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 14
A new version of PROTECTion iD will be released soon (according to this thread). Version 6.5.5 is currently undergoing beta testing. In the meantime, you could try A-Ray Scanner (I guess it only works in compatibility mode), Copy-Discovery 2000 or ClonyXXL. You should also install the content of the disc and scan the entire program folder as some protections are not directly recognizable.

I just discovered two files in the directory that might be of interest. The executable file (LSLaunch.exe) which is the file normally used to start the program. When executing this file it looks for the original DVD in the drive. When the copy is placed in the drive, it will ask for the original. I'm not sure what code they used to look for that specific disk but there is another file in the same directory called (LSLaunch.swf). Turns out that this file can run using internet explorer, that is that it has flash player installed since this is a flash file. When running this file it doesn't look for any DVD's and runs immediately. So far the program runs good. Most of the files on the DVD are swf so I don't think there will be any issues. Now to find out what copy protection was used here. (Just curious) If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, that would be great! I also tried protection ID, and A-Ray scanner but they could not detect anything.

Which CloneCD profile did you use to make your copy? Data, game, protected game? Could it be that the DVD isn't protected at all and it's just a faulty burn?

Which CloneCD profile did you use to make your copy? Data, game, protected game? Could it be that the DVD isn't protected at all and it's just a faulty burn?

Clone CD did not give me a profile option. Where did you see this? I am using version 5.3.1.4.

I don't suspect its a bad burn, I have made 3 copies but same result. :confused:

Please post a screenshot of what happens when you launch LSLaunch.exe with the copy in the drive.

Please post a screenshot of what happens when you launch LSLaunch.exe with the copy in the drive.

I have attached a screen capture of the installation directory and LSLaunch.exe is highlighted. The error is also shown in the image. Hope this helps.

I have attached a screen capture of the installation directory and LSLaunch.exe is highlighted. The error is also shown in the image. Hope this helps.

I forgot to attach the file in the previous post...ooops. :)

Attachments

• erro.jpg
    erro.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 12
Clone CD did not give me a profile option. Where did you see this?
Sorry, my bad. The menu seems to be only available for CDs, not for DVDs.

I am using version 5.3.1.4.
Did you try the current version 5.3.1.7, too?
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=53676

I don't suspect its a bad burn, I have made 3 copies but same result. :confused:
Maybe you've got a bad batch of blanks or your DVD drive is dying?

Attachments

• profile2.png
    profile2.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
Back