• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, download with some streaming providers (Netflix) might not always be available in HD.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved - but it will take a few days. Thank you.

MediaInfo 23.11.1 Released

RedFox 1

Forum Admin

MediaInfo analyticals include:​

• Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including unprotected DVD), MPEG-TS (including unprotected Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
  • Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
  • Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, FFV1...
  • Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC...
  • Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...

M'ok, I'll play stupid (not that much of a stretch, really), why (and how) should I use this?

I read the description and don't see how it will benefit me. Please prove me wrong.

M'ok, I'll play stupid (not that much of a stretch, really), why (and how) should I use this?

I read the description and don't see how it will benefit me. Please prove me wrong.
Install it and right-click on an .mp4 It gives you all the information about the video ( bitrate, GB/s etc)

media.jpg

MediaInfo is awesome. I use it constantly to investigate the contains of media files.

One of my main uses is to verify the all the episodes of a show I have downloaded via AS are consistent. Sometime an episode will be different from the others (e.g., not 1080p or not 5.1) because of network sensitivities.

I have a script that will recurse a directory tree and parse the output of MediaInfo for the fields I'm interested in, and put the results in an *.csv file, which I can load in Excel. That makes it easy to scan a large set of files for differences.

Poking around in the bowels today in Eric's Movie Database software I noticed a setting to use MediaInfo if installed. Neato, cool, etc.

EMDB is one seriously useful tool even without using MediaInfo. I can't wait to install MI and integrate it into EMDB

For those who don't know about EMDB: EMDB - Eric's Movie Database

Before I started using EMDB I was using Ant Movie Cataloger to catalog my owned DVD and Bluray collections. Movies and TV series. Trying to get the cast and crew stats for TV series used to be nearly painless but for the past several years the scripts haven't been updated.

So someone suggested EMDB, and after a bit of a getting familiar angst I find EMDB to be vastly superior and easier to catalog movies and especially complete TV series.

EMDB can download the MediaInfo CLI as a standalone exe file within EMDB's directory structure.

Now that I have a nice new shiny lifetime AnyStream license, and have some AS downloaded video files, I guess I should start using this MediaInfo app now. I need to add a subsidiary DB in EMDB and Ant Movie Catalog to catalog my AS files.

Ugh, time consuming adding new content. Though not as bad as the experience of doing my DVD/BD collection. THAT was a PITA until I caught up with what I own. Now it is a small bit of time to add new discs as they get added to my collection.

Back