• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media players that actually play UHD menu

kzajac

Now that we have the capability to create an ISO with full menu capabilities for UHD discs, are there any media players out there that will actually "play a UHD iso with full menu support"?

Yup, J RIver MC with madvr is absolutely fantastic for UHD's.

@SamuriHL ,

can you tell us how you do this? I assume I would need a full blown desktop to be connected to my TV. Which is a no-go. What do you think would be the minimum hardware configuration? Better buy a M9702 player? I still think that the M9702 is overpriced.

It completely depends on what you're looking to get out of it. I built a 9900k, RTX 2070 founder's edition, 32 gigs of ddr4 3200 machine to drive madvr and I still have to compromise. Consider that the Envy Pro, madshi's high end consumer device with HDMI input so you can upscale ANY HDMI device, has a 2080ti under the hood. But, no, if you don't want to build an HTPC and/or require HDCP enabled HDMI input, then you can buy the entry level Envy for 5500 bucks later this year. If you want balls to the wall performance, you can buy the Envy Pro at 9900 bucks. How do you think we get dynamic tone mapping performance that rivals Dolby Vision? ;) That kind of scaling performance doesn't come cheap. Minimum I'd recommend these days is an RTX 2060 and even that I'd personally say save up for a 2070. That's just me, though. Until you see NGU sharp scaling of a blu-ray done at Very High you really don't know what you're missing. No cheaper device is going to come even close to matching the quality. This is truly a "get what you pay for" kind of thing.

Has anyone used the Zidoo Z9S? It claims to play UHD blu ray menus.

Has anyone used the Zidoo Z9S? It claims to play UHD blu ray menus.
yes, this was a good Android media player but the menus worked sometimes more, sometimes less. So that does not work as it should.

Back