• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media Center Extender

jswencki

I want to watch on Media Center extender and you have convert down to MPG. Can clonedvd or clone dvd moble just do right to mpg? Or do I have to convert in clone dvd first?

Hopefully one junior member helping another junior member isn't a case of the blind leading the blind, but I don't think CloneDVD2 can save a ripped file to your hard drive as a .mpg file.

What you can do is use AnyDVD (in the background) and CloneDVDmobile . . . select "vob pass thru" in CloneDVDmobile and save the files to your hard drive that way. Takes about 15 minutes. You then simply rename the vob file (movie.vob) to mpg (movie.mpg). In many cases, that's all you'll need to do.

In some cases you may have to one more step (to get proper sync). That step is to use VideoReDo's "Quickstream fix" tool on the movie.mpg file (this results in *another* file being created - usually namved movie(2).mpg). Takes about another 15 minutes.

The resulting mpg files WILL play wonderfully on your extender under the "my videos" application.

I'm assuming - since I learned this trick from www.thegreenbutton.com - that CloneDVDmobile cannot do direct to an mpg file that will work on the extender otherwise we could skip the "vob pass thru" part.

Cadaver

Back