• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media Center Extender connections are blocked when AnyDVD is loaded

BruceHellmer

When AnyDVD is loaded on my Windows 7 Media Center PC, extender connections are blocked by Session Enforcement. I have loaded and unloaded AnyDVD repeatedly to confirm the direct correlation.

Is this enforcement by Microsoft intentional?

I have tranferred my AnyDVD license to another PC on my network.

Last edited:
When AnyDVD is loaded on my Windows 7 Media Center PC, extender connections are blocked by Session Enforcement. I have loaded and unloaded AnyDVD repeatedly to confirm the direct correlation.

Is this enforcement by Microsoft intentional?

Nope. And I (and probably thousands of others) cannot reproduce this.

Media Center Setup installed PlayReady PC X64, the 64-bit version.

I manually installed PlayReady PC X86, 32-bit version. My extenders are now connecting with AnyDVD loaded.

I can add that nothing is broken at all with 32-bit PlayReady, Windows 7 Media Center, AnyDVDH HD, and either Linksys or Xbox 360 extenders running. I've not tried 64bit and don't plan on it.

I can add that nothing is broken at all with 32-bit PlayReady, Windows 7 Media Center, AnyDVDH HD, and either Linksys or Xbox 360 extenders running. I've not tried 64bit and don't plan on it.

The Windows Media Center's Digital Cable Adviser installs the 64-bit version of PlayReady when executed on a 64-bit version of Windows. If the 32-bit version of PlayReady is required, it may need to be downloaded and installed manually.

Back