• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media center and 4k Backups

I’m still considering purchasing one of these. Is there any other players that play UHD .iso files & is easier to use than this one that anyone has tried?

Take note that the ripping feature is not available in the US. Not sure where you are from.

What do you mean the ripping feature is not available in the US.

Do they disable it? AnyDVD rips 4k .iso & Blu-ray-ray files.

You can play a AnyDVD ripped 4k .iso file in the Zappiti right?

Also is it easy to add & delete movies with the interface? I change movies in & out all the time.

Does it go to the default audio & subtitle if one is needed on a movie rip since it doesn’t do the 4k menu?

Does Blu-ray .iso rips have a menu?

What do you mean the ripping feature is not available in the US.

Do they disable it? AnyDVD rips 4k .iso & Blu-ray-ray files.

You can play a AnyDVD ripped 4k .iso file in the Zappiti right?

Also is it easy to add & delete movies with the interface? I change movies in & out all the time.

Does it go to the default audio & subtitle if one is needed on a movie rip since it doesn’t do the 4k menu?

Does Blu-ray .iso rips have a menu?

They have to disable it because it is illegal to to copy the discs in the United States unless you meet very specific guidelines and almost no one meets. The kaleidoscope media company was almost sued out of existence because of it. It is legal in most of the rest of the world though, which is why they build it.

It will play iasos that you rip with red fox programs. I do not know anything past that because I stopped testing it when I found it did not support WTV files.

Are 4k UHDs encoded in H.264 or H.265?

According to the Zappity website the player does 10 bit on H.265 but not H.264

I have a LG OLED 10 bit display & wanted to make sure this player will playback 4k .iso files in 10 bit HDR.

I couldn't find the answer anywhere on the their website or on the internet.

Are 4k UHDs encoded in H.264 or H.265?

According to the Zappity website the player does 10 bit on H.265 but not H.264

I have a LG OLED 10 bit display & wanted to make sure this player will playback 4k .iso files in 10 bit HDR.

I couldn't find the answer anywhere on the their website or on the internet.

My understanding, I may be wrong, is that the 4K UHD Blu-ray standard is encoding to HEVC H265.

[Update: yes UHD Blu-ray definitely Hevc (h265) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_HD_Blu-ray ]

Last edited:
How do you handle a playlist obfuscation Blu-ray disc with the Zappity. If you rip an .iso and AnyDVD has a good playlist do you rip it like a regular Blu-ray .iso or do you rip it with speedmenu enabled .iso to choose the correct playlist.

I’m not sure how Zappity chooses the right playlist.

Also I have a couple of rips that has chosen the wrong playlist. It was ripped with AnyDVD as an .iso file. Is there a way to choose the correct playlist in Zappity & to possibly save that playlist for when I play it in the future?

expansion drive are you sure? If you read the advert
it says that its an optical drive that attaches to a zappiti
NAS. You place your uhd 4k blu-ray in the tray and it rips it straight to the NAS server.

so that's why i asked would it work on a stand alone NAS
or even as a friendly drive?

yep the more i read this advert it's definitely an optical drive . So i wonder what make of optical drive is inside the case. How does zappiti make it work to rip a 4k uhd disc.
have they sourced a manufacture of optical drives and added their own firmware. it does say that it will only work when attached to a zappiti nas and zappiti player
but if it's just a optical drive it's seems to be quite expensive so what else is inside the case?

http://www.zappiti.com/zappiti-nas-drive-4k-hdr.html

Can someone check "Thor - Ragnarok UHD" to see how it plays on your Zappiti player? I was watching it tonight and around 1:50 - 1:55 it just flashes green & then it says cannot play file & it stops play.

I tried it on another player I have that plays UHD files & it plays fine.

I emailed Zappiti customer service & they said they're having the exact same problem with the title.

Here's their email response:

I had exactly the same problem at 1H55 min and it did exactly the same thing.
As far as I know it's the only movie that does this , I've watched many and never had any problems. We have reported this to our engineer and maybe they will do something to correct it.
Thanks for your patience,
Best regards,
RT

2nd reply

We have this issue on only one title since now. And it depends of Realtek. So, we cannot do anything from our side except to send a sample to Realtek. The other player you tested it maybe use another chipset.

I'd like to know if everyone is having the same problem with this title with the Zappiti player. It sort of bothers me that they said they would report it to their engineer and MAYBE they will do something to correct it. It doesn't sound promising.

Last edited:
Anyone getting any audio dropouts on UHD files? Some files I may only get 1 per file but it really takes you out of what you’re watching?

I’ve had a few that didn’t have any audio drop outs but it’s really frustrating.

Audio drop outs & not being able to play Thor-Ragnarok may be enough for me to send it back.

Last edited:
What’s the best software & the most successful for remux MKV files for the Zappity.

Can someone check "Thor - Ragnarok UHD" to see how it plays on your Zappiti player? I was watching it tonight and around 1:50 - 1:55 it just flashes green & then it says cannot play file & it stops play.

Same with Zidoo x9s Player. File as mkv with Dune solo Lite works fine.

Back