• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

mbi any good?

raymondtrudeau

what do you guys think of mbi dvd's they are 16x -r and are made by Moser Baer?

can i ask what is wrong with them? will i get skipping if i burn at 4x? and are they better then a taiyo yuden value line? thanks

p.s where i buy my dvd's they have a new brand called DVD-R 8X ULTRA-RED SILVER INKJET HUB PRINTABLE..have you ever heard of these? any good? thanks again

Last edited:
can i ask what is wrong with them?

Not all Moser Baer made stuff is bad, but when outsourced, depending on the company whose label its being sold under, the quality can be extremely variable.

Moser Baer (made in India) makes Verbatim +R DL. However, Verbatim +R DL made in Singapore was more reliable.

will i get skipping if i burn at 4x?

I can't possibly know. If the blank is bad, sure. If you burner's firmware doesn't properly support the media code being used, sure. A 4x burn speed may be a bad idea as well . . .

and are they better then a taiyo yuden value line?

:disagree:

I reluctantly suggest Taiyo Yuden's B-grade line is better than most crap out there, but that's not saying much.

Actually, in some uncommon instances, you can't get really bad valuline TYs.

p.s where i buy my dvd's they have a new brand called DVD-R 8X ULTRA-RED SILVER INKJET HUB PRINTABLE..have you ever heard of these? any good? thanks again

I've seen dvd+R DL under the Ultra-red label. I haven't tested them. So, I really have nothing to say.

Last edited:
I can't possibly know. If the blank is bad, sure. If you burner's firmware doesn't properly support the media code being used, sure. A 4x burn speed may be a bad idea as well . . .

thanks for you help...but why would 4x burn speed not be good? what speed would you suggest? they are 16x mbi dvd -r? thanks

thanks for you help...but why would 4x burn speed not be good? what speed would you suggest? they are 16x mbi dvd -r? thanks

If you're writing to 16x rated media at a 4x burn speed, you may find your burner doesn't produce as good of a burn as when you burn at 8x or 12x. You would need to check for jitter (and do pi/po testing). It all depends on your burner and the burner's firmware. Also if you attempt to burn at 1x or 2x with some drives, you run the risk of overcooking the dye. 16x blank media isn't really meant to be burned at 4x. If you want to burn at 4x, then buy 8x rated blank media.

Anyway, the answer to your original question is "no; I don't recommend MBI blank media".

Last edited:
Back