• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Maybe you should not upgrade to Vista

Well I am glad you think so, I noticed the vice versa on my end and that is what I am basing my thoughts on as performance was increased, Boot up is not noticable transfering from one HDD to another is a bit faster but not too noticable. I actually need more horsepower to get the equivelent of what performance I get on Vista.

It has nothing to do with what I "think". What I have posted is fact and is agreed upon by most everyone who is using Windows 7 Beta.
Data transfer is dependent on hardware performance not the OS. Perhaps that's the source of your confusion?

I, as well as most that I have read about, am enjoying superior operation with 7.

Well we're obviously not everyone you know, I've tested 7 on 2 i7 systems, 2 different makes of laptop and a few desktop systems and have so far found that boot up times are around 10 seconds longer for 7 than for Vista business 32 with just the basic drivers installed. So yes it does have something to do with what 'you think'

Also I have it on my own personal laptop and the windows folder in Vista (after installing all the software I use, drivers for external devices etc) is only 1GB larger than the one for Windows 7 which has nothing installed other than basic drivers for the laptop itself.

Last edited:
Actually it has nothing to do with what I think. My posts are actual facts that I as well as most others have experienced.
There are blogs and reports abundant on the net from testers and users who are enjoying the benefits of 7 and experiencing the same results as I.
Google is your friend.

It does have to do with what you think, I'm a system builder which is why I have the ability to try it on different desktop and Laptop systems and have yet to see any real benefit of Windows 7 over Vista. Load times are no quicker on clean builds, and windows folder is not that much smaller. This is what I think from my own experiences with it. So far my colleagues and other people we deal with who are also testing Windows 7 are coming up with pretty much the same results, that so far there are no real benefits to Windows 7 other than it looks pretty

It does have to do with what you think, I'm a system builder which is why I have the ability to try it on different desktop and Laptop systems and have yet to see any real benefit of Windows 7 over Vista. Load times are no quicker on clean builds, and windows folder is not that much smaller. This is what I think from my own experiences with it. So far my colleagues and other people we deal with who are also testing Windows 7 are coming up with pretty much the same results, that so far there are no real benefits to Windows 7 other than it looks pretty

My point that I was making exactly. There will be Vista mods to make vista look like Win7 though as you know :D

7 is faster on all 4 systems I have tried it on so far. I look forward to it's release.

Why is this even a discussion? Windows 7 is a freaking beta for crying out loud. MS has a history of making decent betas and RC's that end up sucking on the first release. 2k, XP, etc...all better in RC than in release. Betas and RCs don't include everything that'll make it into the final release. Comparing a beta at this stage to a full blown released OS is pointless. Wake me up when Windows 7 is in final RC or better yet released with full drivers that take advantage of everything it has to offer. (Yes, I know, Vista drivers will "work" on Windows 7. However, working and optimized for are two different things.)

In any case, let's keep the "fact" vs "opinion" straight. Until a final release is out the door, it's ALL opinion from my point of view. You can give me all the benchmarks in the world "proving" how much better Windows 7 is, but, it's still just a beta. Which means nothing to me.

there is no need for wither 7 or Vista...XP runs, and has no issues....get a virus scanner and firewall and you are set...I see no benefts fpr 7 or vista other than having to buy a new machine LOL.....

Why is this even a discussion? Windows 7 is a freaking beta for crying out loud. MS has a history of making decent betas and RC's that end up sucking on the first release. 2k, XP, etc...all better in RC than in release. Betas and RCs don't include everything that'll make it into the final release. Comparing a beta at this stage to a full blown released OS is pointless. Wake me up when Windows 7 is in final RC or better yet released with full drivers that take advantage of everything it has to offer. (Yes, I know, Vista drivers will "work" on Windows 7. However, working and optimized for are two different things.)

In any case, let's keep the "fact" vs "opinion" straight. Until a final release is out the door, it's ALL opinion from my point of view. You can give me all the benchmarks in the world "proving" how much better Windows 7 is, but, it's still just a beta. Which means nothing to me.

The thread title is "Maybe you should not upgrade to Vista" and Windows 7 is certainly a very valid reason NOT to "upgrade" to Vista. In Beta form, 7 has already proven itself to be a leaner and superior OS compared to Vista.
Vista drivers are not necessary for the most part as many software and hardwares have Beta version to work with 7.
None of what I have posted is from benchmarks......it's all from my experience and many others who are posting on many reputable forums.

None of what I have posted is from benchmarks......it's all from my experience and many others who are posting on many reputable forums.

Then it's NOT FACT, it's opinion. Hence you shouldn't label it as "absolute fact".

Then it's NOT FACT, it's opinion. Hence you shouldn't label it as "absolute fact".

Based on personal usage from professional qualified users "experiences", not form blogs and forums, NOT from benchmarking or controlled environment testing.

Fact: defined as something that is true, something that actually exists, or something having objective reality that can be verified according to an established standard of evaluation.

Still opinion. A fact to me is something that can be quantitatively proven. As set of reliable benchmarks run on the exact same hardware that show a marked improvement. The so called "professionals" often get it wrong. I'm glad their "experiences" show an improvement and that opinion does hold weight, but, it should not be taken as fact. There is a difference and it's not just semantics. There's an actual meaning behind fact vs opinion. I have no doubt that W7 is better, but, comparing a beta to a fully released OS is useless. Not all the code has been added to W7. What happens when in the final RC they decide "well, time to cram all the new DRM code in there" and all the so called performance gains are lost? I personally don't think an early beta of a product is reason enough to not upgrade to Vista now. But, that is opinion, not fact. I'm quite pleased with Vista on my machines. But I know how to tweak it and set it up correctly so that it runs well and without problem. W7 will introduce its own share of issues. All new OS' do. The current hype and "this will save MS" attitude I'm seeing around the web is beyond ridiculous. When all is said and done, W7 is just Vista with a tweaked interface. If Vista was so horrible, then they'd have thrown out the whole thing and started over. Obviously Vista is not nearly as bad as it's made out to be. The UI is the issue, not the kernel. This was proven when W2k8 Server was released as it's generally 15-20% faster than Vista using pretty much the same kernel. Personally I feel like we're getting screwed by having to pay for W7 all over again as though it's a "new" OS. So they tweak the UI and make things a bit faster and better. This COULD be done in a Vista SP quite easily. All the lemmings are eating up W7 as some kind of savior OS. Go ahead....pay for something that IMO should be released as a free update in an SP. I couldn't care less as I get it with my MSDN subscription anyway, but, I genuinely feel bad for anyone who's buying into the hype and thinks it's worth shelling out a couple hundred bucks to upgrade.

I am a professional user, I build systems for a living, and get to test many setups, like I said in my previous post, and the facts as I see them is that there's no real benefit to Windows 7 over Vista at this point in time. It hasn't proven to be much leaner (500MB-1GB install size difference is not that big a difference in size and even that shrinks to smaller depending on the system) Boot up times so far have proven to be about the same if not longer. It's just as easy if you look round the net and on forums to find many people saying this as it is to find people with your view of it.
And I have to agree with SamuriHL's post, you have no idea what extra crap they're going to throw in as it's still way to early with to many people getting wildly differing results to state things as complete fact, Everything at the moment is just facts as each individual sees them

Last edited:
Still opinion.

Believe what you choose but it remains factual none the less.

Fact: defined as something that is true, something that actually exists, or something having objective reality that can be verified according to an established standard of evaluation.

And it's still fact that on all the systems I've tried it on it's has no real benefit over Vista at this point in time

And it's still fact that on all the systems I've tried it on it's has no real benefit over Vista at this point in time

Ditto actually on my high end system well mid-high Vista is faster.

Back