• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Maximum selectable resolution (Netflix)

SmegHead

Discovered a weird problem, but I'm going to start my stating I think this is probably an issue with Netflix rather than yourselves, but it's very strange nonetheless...

I've been looking at downloading episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Voyager, and noticed a really odd problem. Started with DS9 and almost all of the seasons had a fixed download resolution of 576x432, except for the fifth season which had a maximum resolution of 720x480 (other selectable resolutions were 512x384, 384x288 and 320x200).

I thought this was just an encoding mistake on the part of Netflix, but I noticed EXACTLY the same behaviour on Voyager, namely all of the seasons were restricted to 576x432 except for season five (720x480)!

As a side note, I'm certain versions of AnyStream prior to 1.0.3.0. displayed the maximum download resolution to something like 640x400 instead of 720x480, so I was just curious if there's something peculiar going on, and maybe this issue might not be restricted to these two TV series.

Anyway, probably not an issue with AnyStream, but I thought it was worth mentioning...

576x432 is what I've been seeing for Voyager all along.

Those are older TV series that have strange lower resolutions.

Same for Charmed (the original) and a few others I've encountered.

Right, definitely not AnyStream, just what Netflix is offering for those series.

T

It's just weird that the same seasons of both shows are presented in the superior 720x480 resolution. I'm experimenting with AI upscaling, so the higher base resolution makes all the difference.

They may not be superior. They might as well just have cropped the black bars away in the other seasons and left them intact on the 480. Just guessing here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back