• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Max Payne1

I did it!

hahaha victory!!!!

I just made a copy of max payne that doesnt need emulation
I think im starting to get this hole coppying thing.

hahaha victory!!!!

I just made a copy of max payne that doesnt need emulation

Using what drive--and using what method?

Max Payne isn't a big deal, since it uses an older version of safedisc.

Using what drive--and using what method?

i made a second copy of my max payne.sub, max payne.img, and max payne.ccd files and moved them to a different folder. Then I renamed them: max payne1.sub, maxpayne1.img, max pane1.ccd. (just to be sure)

I put the max payne1.img in betablocker and scanned all the 300000+ sectors, because i know the bad sectors were in the back. I used the english ver. of BB wich had the safediscv2.51 update. I fixed the sectors. (now i cant play this image on my hdd anymore thats why i made a copy)

Next I used clonecd to burn it on a Traxdata 52x CD-R disc. I will post the exact clonecd settings for both reading and writing tomorrow, cause I kinda forgot. Else I would just be guessing.

Also the game runns without any emulation when I put it in my DVD-rom, But in my aopenCD burner it needs hide cdr to work.

Also the game runns without any emulation when I put it in my DVD-rom, But in my aopenCD burner it needs hide cdr to work.

Yeah, that's not a true 1:1 backup then if it requires an atip hider to run properly on all drives. And Beta blocker is only useful up to version 2.51 of Safedisc.

But I'm glad you were able to make a backup that works for you.

any legal ways around that atip?

I'm not sure what you mean by legal. It seems to me that if you own the original disc that, morally, you should be able to make a backup for your own personal use. So I, at least, don't have a problem with what you did.

hacks/ cracks are considered illigal if im correct, you cant even discuss this here.
And i dont know much about this(yet), but i can imagine theres a way around every problem. But those methods may be considered 'illegal'.

hacks/ cracks are considered illigal if im correct, you cant even discuss this here.
And i dont know much about this(yet), but i can imagine theres a way around every problem. But those methods may be considered 'illegal'.

The discussion of cracks is not permitted here; you are correct.

As for ways around the atip check, it's possible that another burner may help (but I still really don't believe it will be a true 1:1 copy).

In my opinion, this conversation is pretty pointless, because really all newer protections require emulation of some sort. No burner can produce a 1:1 dvd copy of games that are copy protected (with the latest protections).

This conversation is only useful with respect to old copy protections.

Last edited:
ok here are the settings i used to make a copy of the game:

maxpayne v1.05
protection: safedisc v2.51

i used clonecd to make an image of the game.

1: max payne reading settings

driver used: aopen crw4048 with latest drivers installed.
operating system: win xp pro 32bit +sp2

reader settings\fast error skip:

-read retries=0
-error correction=none

reader settings\capabilities:

-check all

profile settings\data read settings:

-read speed data: 4
-read subchannel data frm data tracks: check
-regenerate data sectors: uncheck

profile settings\audio read settings:

-speed: 4
-quality: best
-read subchannel data frm audio tracks: check
-only read first session: uncheck

profile settings\error handling:

-fast error skip settings: on
-uncheck all

you now have a playable image file of maxpayne if you emulate it with deamon, I use 'deamon tools lite v4.11.1.0
if you want to make a cd version before writing it with 'clonecd' use 'betablocker' fist. but 'deamon' will not be able to emulate that altered file.
if you still want to be able to play your game from your hdd you should make a copy of the 3 files: img. ccd. sub. rename them to maxpayne1 or whatever and place them in another folder.

2: betablocker

version used: betablocker for safedisc v2.51 eng

-start betablocker>drag your image into betablocker>make sure you scan all of the sectors of the img. file
(set numbers to 1000000 and it will display the maximum)
-search the image, and patch/fix all the errors
-close betablocker

now use clonecd to write the altered image to a cd.

3: max payne writing settings

-driver used: aopen crw4048 with latest drivers installed.
-cd used: traxdata 52speed cd-r

write settings:

-write mode: raw doa
-uncheck all

profile settings:

-write speed: 4
-weak sectors: ignore
-dont repaire subchannel data: check
-always close last session: check

4: result

this will make a working cd copy of the game. on burner drives you still need to use
an emulation program. (i use clonecd tray) on cd/dvd-rom driver you can play it without emulation.

get_file.php

Back