• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Matshita DVD+-RW UJ8C2 Drive Issues

ikm123

New external drive came along with my new dell computer. I get the following anydvd message when trying to use it. I checked the region of the writer and it's region 1 so I don't know why it is saying region not set in the first section or how to make this thing work so I can make backups of movies. Any advice appreciated!

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 7.3.6.0, BDPHash.bin 13-08-02)
MATSHITA DVD+-RW UJ8C2 1.02 13020400
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1916192 sectors (3742 MBytes)
Total size: 3538367 sectors (6910 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_PLACE_BEYOND_THE_PINES
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

You region is not set, you have to exit out of AnyDVD (right click on the fox icon on the taskbar and choose 'exit') then set the drive region in Windows. If AnyDVD is running it tricks Windows into thinking the region is set

you region is not set, you have to exit out of anydvd (right click on the fox icon on the taskbar and choose 'exit') then set the drive region in windows. If anydvd is running it tricks windows into thinking the region is set

thank you sooo much, it worked!

Still not working...

You region is not set, you have to exit out of AnyDVD (right click on the fox icon on the taskbar and choose 'exit') then set the drive region in Windows. If AnyDVD is running it tricks Windows into thinking the region is set

I had the exact same issue as the original post, but this did not work for me. Here's what I've done after attempting to complete the above steps without success:

Closed AnyDVD > Opened Task Manager > Stopped all AnyDVD processes > Right-clicked on the hard drive; selected properties > Hardware > Properties > DVD Region

It states in Current Region: Region 1. I even tried selecting the US as the new region. That had no affect at all. I've been having this issue over 7 months now.

Back