• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Matshita DVD-Ram UJ8BQAW 1.00 11070400

regionfree

I bought a new laptop recently and have been trying to reinstall my AnyDVD on the new computer. After a period of time and a number of hitches, this advice in the dialogue box is beyond me: that my dvd drive is a Matshita DVD-Ram UJ8BQAW 1.00 11070400.

Please advise. I'm not techy nor computer savvy. :bang:

Thanks!

What is the problem exactly :confused:
Is your drive NOT a Matshita?

Mine, in AnyDVDs status window, shows as TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-T632A SR03 Z.

Last edited:
What is the problem exactly :confused:
Is your drive NOT a Matshita?

Mine, in AnyDVDs status window, shows as TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-T632A SR03 Z.
I can't play dvds from any region as I used to before. I guess my dvd drive is a Matshita according to the ANYDVD status window.

A slight improvement when I tried to play a dvd region 2 again: image appeared but was badly scrambled. Got this summary (please help):
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 7.0.6.0, BDPHash.bin 12-07-23)
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8B0AW 1.00 11070400
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1608176 sectors (3140 MBytes)
Total size: 2474985 sectors (4833 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: 3711532763
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2!
Video Standard: PAL

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

I think your only choices are to buy a non Matshita external drive or replace the internal with something else

I think your only choices are to buy a non Matshita external drive or replace the internal with something else

Thanks ... I just noticed a number of other posts re Matshita, the nemesis of AnyDVD? It's too bad as the laptop is new and I was looking forward to using the DVD function. Are there any other options?

You could replace it with another make, or buy a slimline external

I totally agree with Adbear. You mostly likely read the forums we do, but if you haven't, here is what they say about your drive and AnyDVD:

There are no issues with Matshita BD drives and AnyDVD HD other than the fact that Matshita drives tend to be cheap junk. BD region coding is completely different than SD DVD region coding. The drive isn't even involved when it comes to BDs region coding. You should have no problem dealing with BDs and I would advise you to not use a BD drive to do normal SD DVD stuff, anyway.

In terms of dealing with SD DVD region codes I suggest referring to an explanation given by a Slysoft developer:

AnyDVD works with Matsushita (Panasonic) drives, as long as:

1.) The drive is set to a specific region code. If your drive isn't, set your preferred region.
2.) CSS protected discs match this region

AnyDVD does not allow you with Matsushita (Panasonic) drives to watch or copy a CSS protected disc, which has a different region then the drive, unless you have a patched firmware. (AnyDVD allows this with every other drive)

The reason is rather simple:

MMC standard requires, that a drive should not reveal a title key on a region mismatched CSS protected disc. (It should return "Illegal request - region code does not match"). Some drives are even less restrictive and even give you the title key on region mismatch. But AnyDVD can usually reveal the title key with a brute force attack, as long as the drive allows you to read the scrambled sectors. Matsushita (Panasonic) drives do not! You CANNOT read the scrambled data, if the region code doesn't match. No other drive behaves this way, only Matsushita (Panasonic) drives do, as the standard does not require a drive to not reveal the protected data on region mismatch, but Matsushita (Panasonic) drives are more restrictive as they need to be.

There is nothing AnyDVD, DVDDecrypter, or any other software can do about this. Sorry.

Solution: Set the drive to a region, and only use matching discs. AnyDVD will remove CSS/Macrovision/Adverts/User prohibitions/forced subtitles/FBI warnings/... no problem.

It cannot bypass region codes with Matsushita (Panasonic) drives.

I hope this helped!:)

Why on earth wouldn't you use your Blu-ray drive to also do DVD's? It's a laptop, last thing you want to do is be carrying around a second drive for absolutely no reason. Be it desktop or laptop, just buy a decent drive and use it for both DVD's and Blu-rays. I see no point in having 1 drive for DVD's and 1 for Blu-ray

Back