• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Matrix Trilogy HD-DVD fails

is "Matrix Trilogy" really protected with AACS version 2, or is it just some bad mastering error that's causing the fuss?

is "Matrix Trilogy" really protected with AACS version 2, or is it just some bad mastering error that's causing the fuss?

Matrix Trilogy:
Matrix 1 is AACS v1
Matrix 2 & 3 are new AACS (v3 according to the MKBs)

We don't have the discs yet, but customers reported success with AnyDVD 6.1.5.1.

wow, so you guys beat the new AACS version within 24 hours and you didn't even have the disc? I must say, i have to :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

wow, so you guys beat the new AACS version within 24 hours and you didn't even have the disc? I must say, i have to :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

See my post above for the challenge to James. He actually did it...without the disc! ROFLMAO! :D

Thank you slysoft. And to AACS-

"I DON'T PIRATE OR LOAN OUT MY MOVIES! I BUY MY MOVIES @SSHOLES! AND BECAUSE OF SLYSOFT, I CAN WATCH THEM THE WAY I WANT!"

:D

i tried to backup "dirty dancing", but PowerDVD 7.3 wouldn't even let me *play* it! with or without AnyDVD....If I try to play it without AnyDVD running it keeps trying to get some sort of an update...i hit update, and it says it updated powerDVD, but it still wont play this disc. If I try it with AnyDVD HD running, i get black video ....

Cyberlink has some serious problems! I can't install the new 2911 either as i keep getting error code 1618 or something...

i tried to backup "dirty dancing", but PowerDVD 7.3 wouldn't even let me *play* it! with or without AnyDVD....If I try to play it without AnyDVD running it keeps trying to get some sort of an update...i hit update, and it says it updated powerDVD, but it still wont play this disc. If I try it with AnyDVD HD running, i get black video ....

Cyberlink has some serious problems! I can't install the new 2911 either as i keep getting error code 1618 or something...

Have you tried what others have at http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4345?

If you have Vista, do what I did last.

Unless you have a NVidia 8xxxx card, you can skip the update. None of the popular bugs seem to be fixed (HD DVD keys don't work, "Speed" EU Blu-ray doesn't play, etc.)

Yes....it's a FINE update from our friends at Cyberlink. :D

Unless you have a NVidia 8xxxx card, you can skip the update. None of the popular bugs seem to be fixed (HD DVD keys don't work, "Speed" EU Blu-ray doesn't play, etc.)

I agree but, if you want to be bleeding edge, you have to do it. Besides, I have two computers on my desktop, one with PowerDVD Ultra 2605n and the other with 2911 installed, so I can afford the pain.

Trying to install 2911 on top of 2905n corrupted my installation and I tried but I couldn't fall back to 2905n with confidence, so I don't recommend that anyone do it unless you want to live dangerously.

Regards

Last edited:
sorry, i should have been more detailed. The fault is not of AnyDVD HD, but of the original disc. I am trying to just *play* "Dirty Dancing" Blu-Ray, and it won't play with PowerDVD HD OR my stand alone Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray player. All other discs play fine. If I try to have AnyDVD HD 6.1.5.3 running in the background, the disc still wont play (well it tries, but its all black).

I wonder why they used a BD-50 disc for Dirty Dancing? Didn't think a 1980 film could consume so much....its actually like 48gb.

sorry, i should have been more detailed. The fault is not of AnyDVD HD, but of the original disc. I am trying to just *play* "Dirty Dancing" Blu-Ray, and it won't play with PowerDVD HD OR my stand alone Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray player. All other discs play fine. If I try to have AnyDVD HD 6.1.5.3 running in the background, the disc still wont play (well it tries, but its all black).

I wonder why they used a BD-50 disc for Dirty Dancing? Didn't think a 1980 film could consume so much....its actually like 48gb.

They're trying to make it expensive to make backups. At this size only about 9 movies will fit on a 500 GB drive. That's about $15 a movie. As for 50 GB Blu-ray discs, they're selling for around $40 making them cost more than purchasing the movie itself.

This is why a new version of CloneDVD, for HD DVD and Blu-ray titles, is needed so they can be recoded to a more reasonable size.

Is it possible that they are just encoding at a very high bitrate to get the best picture quality? I mean, I doubt it, but hey- maybe the studioes are actually trying to give us better quality movies.

Is it possible that they are just encoding at a very high bitrate to get the best picture quality? I mean, I doubt it, but hey- maybe the studioes are actually trying to give us better quality movies.

Haha, that was a good one. :)

Back